Heathrow delays / cancellations today…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

Well my lovely weekend away extended by 3 hours while BA tries to run an operation at Heathrow.

Anyonen know what is going on.? Lots of delays,lots of cancellations and I am in a pretty poor lounge and have been providing updates on flight status to fellow passengers as no one here knows or cares.

BA .com via app and web site giving 3 hour delay for sometime but here they were insisting just one hour.

Whatever the reasons ground handling is awful. Just hope it operates as so many short haul have been cancelled

RichHI1
    Participant

I guess it is the fog, there seem to ba a lot of cancellations and delays on short hauls.. There was a little bit of mist last Friday and we were delayed to JFK by 45 minutes on push back. I think they increase spacing with restricted visibility due to equipment.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Poor you 🙁 I think it because of the fog just looked at the LHR website and all flights in all terminals seem to be having problems .. smile and just enjoy the lounge 🙂 xxx

RichHI1
    Participant

BBC are reporting 132 cancellations 50 by BA due to fog. Could roll on into tomorrow as fog is forecast (so I may have fun and games tomorrow too). Hope it is not too bad and you get out.

PatJordan
    Participant

I saw a message from BMI about fog delaying flights in and out of Heathrow, if its any help.

Pat

AMcWhirter
    Participant

LHR is not the only airport affected by fog. Flights at LCY have been delayed/cancelled all day. Services at AMS are also disrupted owing to the bad weather. Doesn’t look good for tomorrow am.

RichHI1
    Participant

Just checked in fro flight to HNL. Not looking too bad. Lines not bad and does not look like too many cancellations here in T3.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It wasn’t only BA. I was flying AF to Paris. The departure was cancelled, the previous flight which I then booked on was three hours late, and in the end I went home having lost all hope of making a connection at Charles de Gaule.

Alitalia was similarly affected at T4 and was offering refreshment vouchers, and Kenya Airways cancelled altogether and was bussing people to hotels as I left.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m in South Africa for the “Summer” and staying here till february.

Reading these posts and the European papers this morning I’m so glad Mrs. LP took the decision for us to become “Swallows”.

Just watching the cricket, Australia v S. Africa (admittedly delayed due to rain!!!) where its warm and not an inch of fog anywhere!

Just thought you’d like to know 😉

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Fog now moving into LCY this evening causing flights to be delayed or cancelled. Over in mainland Europe, both AMS and BRU are badly hit by foggy conditions.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

According to a friend working at NATS Stanstead has no stands left and planes lined up on taxi, LGW will not accept any more diversions and most cancelled at LCY.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Any readers planning to travel to, from or through AMS today (Tuesday Nov 22) may suffer delayed/cancelled flts owing to ongoing foggy conditions at Schiphol:

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_nl/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/flight_update/index.htm

stevescoots
    Participant

we were in holding for 45 mins over LHR on sunday coming back from DOH because of the fog, fortunatly even with the belt signs on the crew were letting passengers go to the loo one by one! mind you with the fog about it kept a lot of people off the road so I mangaed to get back up to Lincs in just over 2 hrs!

RichHI1
    Participant

Watching morning news and there was a report from Uk saying LHR could close on 30th due to UKbA strike. BAA saying people could be held on planes for 12 hours. Luckily my flight to London lands late 29th. Is this journalistic scare mongering ? Or is it going to be bad?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls