Heathrow Airport descends into fresh immigration chaos

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 400 total)

• David61
    Participant

You don’t and I don’t need to.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

RHM, your post reassures me. I was beginning to think i’ll have to eat my words, till I read your experience. It will be interesting to see what we will read and post in 8 weeks time when it’s all over!

Bucksnet
    Participant

David61, what exactly is the issue?

spudseamus
    Participant

its actually up here in Australia ;o)

TominScotland
    Participant

Bucksnet, David 61 and others. This thread started as a sensible discussion around an important topic and many of us contributed to it on that basis. Having done so, we now get notified via e-mail every time that one of you wets your nappy or throws a toy out of your pram. Please call Nurse if that happens and don’t bore all of us with your dribbling drivel…….

Bucksnet
    Participant

Today’s update – things get even worse again:-

The security situation is even worse than previously thought, and another 1,200 troops are being sent in.

Some train drivers are going on strike during the games.

And immigration officers are going on strike the day before the games start.

Being a global traveller one can see news channels from around the world. The spotlight is on London and all these problems are making us look bad, which is of course the object of the exercise.

David61
    Participant

Call a nurse for Bucksnet please.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Why should it be a surprise that immigration officers are going on strike on the eve of the games? They’ve been working up to this for months. The sooner they are replaced with egates the better. At least the egates are polite.

Bucksnet
    Participant

David61, why would I need a nurse?

What I’ve said is the truth. Please try and get your head around issues you don’t understand BEFORE posting stupid childish insults.

Binman62
    Participant

Todays news is disappointing but a long time coming. I Last strike had little impact as carriers were asked / forced to allow passengers to cancel, re route , rebook etc with out penalty.

This time that simply cannot happen and I rather suspect that the home secretary, who is on her last legs in any event, will be feeling the heat of airlines, Locog and others to get this strike called off and my view is that that is exactly what is going to happen.

The home office is at best inept, at worst down right incompetent and the home secretary reall must lose her job, not just because of the immigration debacle but because she cannot do the job. Whenever there is an issue she apparently was not told, did not know or it was somebody else’s fault.

Enough already…..it is embarrassing enough as it is with out continuing this farce.

David61
    Participant

Bucksnet- I can assure you that I understand the issues a lot better than you. Perhaps you should also research what the word ‘insult’ actually means. End of.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

How right Binman, surely DC cannot continue to hold confidence in Thersa May. Part of the problem and not just with her, is lack of experience either in the job or at a high level of business.

Listening to her on BBC Parliament I’m most unimpressed with the way she speaks and her readiness to blame the other party. True, they probably did lay the foundations for some of this mess but she’s had two years now to sort out the mess, put her foot down and get UKBA more efficient and up to task.

She’s weak, inefficient, disorganised and it’s time for her to go!

Bucksnet
    Participant

David, whatever you call it, personal attacks are not needed.

If you understand the issues better, then please explain them to us and argue your point in a constructive way.

LP, Cameron is the main problem and he needs to go first. You have to start and the top and work down.

David61
    Participant

What ”personal attacks”? Final end of.

Bucksnet
    Participant

How about “delusional or paranoid – you are big time” and “call a nurse”? These are aimed at me and not part of the discussion. What would you call them if not personal?

You still have not explained what issues you have with my posts, and given us your better understanding yet. I look forward to it at some point.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 400 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls