Have you ever travelled domestically via an international transfer?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• flyingcanadian
    Participant

Hi SuperChris et al,
    Using KLM I have travelled many times to/from EDI, ABZ, NWI, BRS, CWL AND more finding it a lot quicker that any UK transport and I collected FD miles at the same time. I once had a LUNCH meeting at the HILTON LGW, and flew NWI-AMS-LGW return the same day! It was a topic of discussion at the Lunch table and afterwards over cigars and port! No worry about Breathalyser driving home!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

In the good old IATA days I used to route my Far East trips via Sri Lanka and mid East via Cairo for considerable savings even with the lines of SQ in F.

In Cairo I used Thomas Cook in Heliopolis but can not recall the agent in Colombo.

I wonder if this is still worthwhile?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry, a bit of thread diversion there. The question was domestically. No I haven’t done that but it’s given me an idea.

OutOfBWN
    Participant

Domestic flight with two fifth freedom legs:

YVR-YYZ via JFK on CX (77W) connecting to LAN Chile (767). This was around 2009, probably the best available products on any North American trans continental connection at the time including small but nice CX first lounge in YVR.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls