Has Anyone Flown Emirates First?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

That’s tipping me towards EK SwissExPat. Do they come round with seconds?

First_Class, yes, I’ve flown QR ex MXP though only on the 320/330. The 777’s were all DOH-JNB. Loved the 777’s and equally hated the 320/330!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve had seconds on the caviar a few times, in fact whenever I’ve asked for it. Generally I find it’s best not to order too quickly and let the herd get ahead of you. Many people it seems don’t choose the caviar and so there is plenty available if you want more. I did decline a fourth serving a few months back as I wanted to leave some room to try a few other things!

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Other plus points on Emirates

Very generous baggage allowance – 50kg in First class
    FF points can accrue quite quickly – now you also have Qantas/Easyjet tie in
    Good discounts often available
    Best entertainment in the air (on AVOD that is)
    If transferring, Emirates will often provide a free hotel in Dubai, though you do have to clear immigration
    Chateau Reussac dessert wine in First class
    Bar at back of A380 (shared with Business Class) a social way to pass a few hours

A few minuses

Landing in Dubai at peak periods can be a nightmare! – Often delayed and terminals crowded
    Crew quality very variable (probably associated with fast expansion)
    Remote stands at Dubai are a long way from terminal and bus trip from when is painfully slow
    Food quality variable and often very similar or identical in F and J class, albeit plated differently.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Also had a delightful 1969 Port on the recent EK flight in F. Beverage offering in always great.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Also note that if your stopover in DXB is more than 24 hours, EK will include the chauffeur drive in DXB also.

I’ve used this to do some business in Abu Dhabi also.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Just thinking a bit more about EK F. Often, I don’t order a conventional meal, I just snack my way through the flight. Usually start with caviar and maybe a while later have a meze plate. I might or might not have a main and then a couple of puddings or cheese.

They’ve never run out of anything on me yet and I enjoy grazing while working, reading, watching a film or simply following the map.

I believe you can do a similar thing on a longer sector in C – where you can even have pudding and cheese!

Be_Nice
    Participant

I really like the ‘demi’ suites and the suites. Just so private with increased privacy to stretch and so much quieter. When the suites were first introduced I thought they would feel claustrophobic, but no they feel just right.

Whilst the cabin crew may not always be consistent in service, all other areas of the product I find to be good and consistent. The chauffeur drive are an absolute bonus especially when arriving where there are no family or friends waiting.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi LuganoPirate

I fly Emirates First reasonably frequently and can only echo what the others have said, it is a truly pleasurable experience. It isn’t perfect of course, but then nothing is! What I like about EK’s 1st product:

Chauffeur drive service at departure and arrival – it is excellent and saves me a packet on parking (and fuel in my gas guzzler) I factor in this saves me around £300 – £400 per trip.
    Huge luggage allowance
    Zero queues at check in
    On-board suite is fantastic….really amazing little space (It almost feels like a little hotel room…..although that’s maybe just me!)
    Even ‘poor’ crews are usually still polite
    Comfy bed when you need to sleep
    In-Flight entertainment is brilliant
    Food & drinks superb..vintage Dom all the way should you so wish and they’ve never ran out when I’ve been on-board, which trust me is a ringing endorsement.
    Normally very good value fares
    Lounge in Dubai is world class and never all that busy (the restaurant serves some excellent food)

Things I don’t much like:

Dubai airport is huge and always busy
    Transfer in Dubai is normally by bus which is a pain (albeit First customers get their own bus)
    Boarding can be a bit of a scrummage, even with dedicated lines for premium cabins
    Lounges (not at Dubai of course) are often shared and are fairly average.

All that being said, I don’t really bother too much about the lounge/airport experience as I am only there for a short time, I am more interested in what I get when I am on-board, again, I’ve yet to find anything better, they make flying a pleasure and do (mostly) give you a feeling of being in First Class!

Hope to hear you enjoy your flight with them, I’m a defo convert and fly with them when I can!

Regards.
    AOTG.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls