Happy and Healthy Christmas and a successful and HEALTHY 2021

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

There has been an annual year end tradition on the Forum for a number of years to mention how many sectors, how many new airlines and how many new destinations we have travelled during the year. Not really much point for this year, so instead, how about our own Forum survey (after all plenty of other non posters have asked for answers in the he past).

Four questions.

1. Which town/country will you be in for your main Christmas meal

2. What will you eat for your main course on Christmas day

3. Is there a special drink you will enjoy

4. One travel wish for 2021

For me it will be:

London

Salmon en croute

Port – Kopke Colheita 1980

To enjoy something on my travel bucket list, that I have never found the time to do.

I wish you all a very happy Christmas (or anything else you may celebrate) and here’s hoping 2021 will be filled with only good health, happiness and plenty of travel debate, discussion and help/assistance on the BT Forum.

Happy Christmas and a prosperous and HEALTHY New Year

5 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Well done for taking the initiative Martyn.

My answers are:

Food: Very traditional British with all the trimmings (Xmas Eve will be Slovenian and Boxing Day will be Ghanaian though)

Drink: Homemade mulled wine, then a bottle of Chablis with the meal

Travel: To get from Ghana to Albania and see my younger son after 2 years, hopefully at Easter.

GivingupBA
    Participant

1. Stockton on Tees, UK, with family

2. Turkey, traditional, with trimmings

3. I’m teetotal. Fruit juice

4. Travel wish for 2021, Hong Kong, and South Korea (been to the latter twice already this year, just back 8 days ago. I was prevented from going to Hong Kong in March when my airline cancelled my flights)

Best wishes and health and happy travels, Martyn, and same to all

Johnnyg
    Participant

Like everyone else it will be a strange Christmas.

Village of Billingshurst, West Sussex

Traditional christmas meal with a few surprises due to a new kitchen and gadgets galore.

Working through a selection of gins and mixers, also the occasional brandy.

Travel wish for 2021 is for some kind of normal returns and to take my partner away somewhere warm and interesting for her 65th.

To everyone here I wish a happy, healthy new year.

ASK1945
    Participant

Unfortunately, as with so many people, Christmas must be in our “Bubble”, with just my wife and younger daughter, who lives alone nearby and is permitted to come to us.

1. In London

2. Indian curry – a long tradition

3. I am also teetotal, so soft drinks only

4. My travel wish: it is that Covid-19, which will always be with us, lurking in the background, will be overwhelmed enough in 2021 by medical measures, to permit millions of people to travel again for business or holiday, and for all those who rely on our travel for their living, in whatever way, to be able to do so.

Best wishes to you all for a happy and heathy festive season – and thank you for all your information and stimulating debate.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Thank you Martyn for starting this thread.
    My answer in the order of questions:
    1. Singapore
    2. Planning for Italian and Indian combo
    3. Amassed a lot of good California Reds and crates of Hoegaarden wheat beer
    4. Moment all the travel restrictions are over, will go on holiday to New Zealand.

Merry Christmas and A very Happy New Year to posters and BT people. This forum discussions allowed us to somewhat stay with the joys of travels in our minds during the past 10 months.

esselle
    Participant

Excellent initiative Martyn!

Chester, UK
    Turkey and traditional trimmings
    Meursault
    To go to Melbourne with my wife and two UK based daughters to spend christmas with our eldest daughter who lives there.

Best wishes to all fellow BTers, and all health and happiness for 2021.

Woodpecker
    Participant

A very merry Xmas to the folks at Business Traveller & fellow contributors.

1. Hong Kong.

2. Depends on what the wife dishes out, most likely pasta.

3. Like several others, am a teetotaller. So soup, if that counts.

4. All depend on the virus, but wife & daughter want to visit family in Bristol, whereas I have set sights on India.

Thank you to one & all for your advice, input, suggestions & guidance in these troubled times.

traveldoc
    Participant

Thank you, Martyn, for initiating the thread. My answers:
    1. Belfast
    2. Traditional Christmas meal (turkey, ham etc), as being shared with elderly relatives.
    3. A very fine Albarino – along with a few G&Ts.
    4. Looking forward to resuming travel in 2021. Booked DUB-DXB-BKK on 1st January, having jumped through the multiple hoops required by the Thai Embassy. Planning January and February in Bangkok (fingers very firmly crossed)

Season’s greetings to all

Montysaurus
    Participant

Good idea Martyn
    1 Glasgow U.K.
    2 Turkey or beef or both. Some of our “bubble” prefer beef.
    3 dry Madeira, Barolo and a malt whisky.
    4 travel wish – to be able to book a trip reasonably sure that I can go without having to cancel, accept vouchers, apply for refunds. In particular I hope to get to our timeshare in Madeira in 2021 as we couldn’t get there this year.
    I wish all posters on the Forum the best Christmas possible and happy travels (eventually) in 2021.

canucklad
    Participant

Echo a few others, great idea to lift our Spirits Martyn

1) Limited (very) family gathering just across the hills in Linlithgow
    2) Not sure, most likely turkey, with all the trimmings but a smaller spread than the festive norm
    3) A few gins, but a malt or 2 to toast missing loved ones
    4) At this rate, just visiting my own local pub and my bowling club. Maybe then I again imagine having a beer in Discovery Bay, heading home to BC, and getting drunk with my pals on long weekend visits to Europe. Basically everything I should have done last year.

Merry Christmas to you all, good riddance to 2020 and lets hope our wishes above all come to fruition in 2021. And thanks to the BT team for all you do

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Berkshire.

Goose.

Nice bottle of champagne in the morning and a nicer bottle of red in the afternoon.

Anywhere!
    I’d like to get back to the US for work reasons.
    Earlier this month I’d booked a family trip in Feb half term to the Middle East, though given events of the last week, I won’t count my chickens.
    This year has made me think, given a years lost travel, to try and ensure with the kids growing up that we visit and discover somewhere new, rather than just returning to old favourites.

Merry Christmas all.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for all your support this year

1. Bedford
    2. Butternut squash Wellington
    3. Comte des Taittinger 2007
    4. Israel (though I’d settle for Yorkshire to see my parents for the first time in goodness knows – they have both had the first vaccination now)

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Tom

Tramor01
    Participant

1. Surbiton, Surrey
    2. Turkey and all the trimmings – cooked by my sister who happens to be a vegetarian
    3. It would have been a Chateau Talbot 96 – However, detached retina operation last week means I won’t be drinking….. so it will have to wait for another day
    4. Getting back to SE Asia, but frankly I’d be happy getting a flight to anywhere as soon as I can – Unfortunately I won’t be signed off to fly until April.

Martyn – I’d like to apologise – It was me that reported your initial post – Not being able to see properly I thought I was pressing reply but was mortified to find I’d pressed report!
    I’ll “buy you a lemonade” when we next catch up on the 24th Floor.

Wishing everyone – Nadolig Llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda – Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2021

DerekVH
    Participant

1. Esher, Surrey (should have been Thailand!).
    2. Traditional Christmas
    3. Dom Perignon
    4. Maldives (booked for March 2021 and keeping everything crossed it will happen)

Happy christmas everyone
    Derek

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls