Hainan Airlines international business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

Has anyone flown Hainan Airlines business class from Europe to China? If so, what is the seat like, and also the service?

MarkivJ
    Participant

I haven’t flown them yet but a colleague flew their very old 2-2-2 Lufthansa style business class last spring. He said bad hard product (zero privacy, no direct aisle access) but service was “as good as Cathay”.

In short, if you’re lucky to fly on their 1-2-1 reverse herringbone new 789s, then you get the best of both worlds. If not, well, the soft product still shines!

scotishtaffy
    Participant

I have not flown with Hainan Airlines, but I have read much about their service and product, and they come very highly recommended.
    Video attached of Josh Cahill review

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Our Asia Pacific edition ran a news piece when services were started to DUB and EDI.

Hainan Airlines’ Edinburgh/Dublin flights have taken off

You can see the difference between the two types of J accommodation.

The aircraft type was later changed to a B787. And flight frequency is cut to just two flights a week during the winter period.

Hainan Airlines reducing frequency on Edinburgh/Dublin flights

Jetcruiser
    Participant

The last time I checked with the Area Sales Manager in the US, they did not participate in any major frequent flyer program other than their own, called “Fortune Wings Club”.
    https://www.hainanairlines.com/JP/GB/FortuneWingsClub

cwoodward
    Participant

The cost of the ticket reflects accurately the quality of the product = cheap.
    Keep in mind that Hainan Airlines has been on life support for the past 3 years and has debts in excess of US$75 BILLION (yes BILLION) and still eating huge amounts of money.

Perhaps best not to book or pay too far in advance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls