Guests in Concorde lounge & T5 arrivals lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

• Bozal1256
    Participant

‘youfirst’ say no – unless you are Gold card holder but she did not sound very confident on the matter.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Call back later and speak to someone else – probably weekend staff in the call centre at present!

Bozal1256
    Participant

Might just try my luck with the dragon on the day, she will probably have yet another opinion anyway. Thanks for all the help anyway.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Good luck Bozal.

So true, BA are consistently inconsistent.

VintageKrug
    Participant

My post above only referred to the Arrivals Lounge access.

Note the departures section for ticketed F pax is the Concorde Room, not the Concorde “lounge”.

Re: departures access, if you hold just an F ticket (no elite status), you are not entitled to a guest in the Concorde Room.

If you hold an F ticket, and are also a oneworld Emerald (BA Gold equivalent) then that grants one guest access to the lounge to which you also have access, which in this case is the Concorde Room

Consistently.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/lounges-first/public/en_gb

There used to be a very clear table with lounge access eligibility; these new tables aren’t very easy for laypeople to understand.

Bozal1256
    Participant

VK, that is very clear thank you.

capic01
    Participant

I have a first ticket, and I would like to take a guest traveling on a business ticket to the Concorde breakfast room at T5 arrivals lounge. Both coming in on long-hauls from Singapore. Am I permitted to do this?

NTarrant
    Participant

You can on an outward from T5 take a guest who is travelling in another class to the Concorde lounge. Not sure if it is the same on arrivals lounge though

lloydah
    Participant

Arrivals lounge is for ticket holders only (First & Club), no partner Airline cards either, unless it’s changed very recently.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

lloydah – while you are largely correct, that should be “First & Club World” – Club Europe ticket holders don’t get access to the arrivals lounge. And I don’t think the partner card issue has changed – on a recent flight from HKG-AMS-LHR on CX and BA, I was business on CX and economy on BA – so I upgraded my BA flight to Club Europe in order to get access to the arrivals lounge – but failed, even after showing my CX Diamond (oneworld Emerald) card. Very annoying, as it was the only reason I upgraded the AMS-BA flight, but my own fault for not checking the rules properly!

NTarrant
    Participant

I recently had the same when travelling SYD-FRA-LHR with QF then BA in Club Europe, but I did check with BA first and was told no only long haul.

capic01
    Participant

I will be BA first and other person will be QF business, both arriving T3. I understood that each of us have T5 arrivals lounge access, based on our own ticket. Did I get this wrong?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Not sure, capic01 – that might be an issue, because Qantas share (with BA and CX) the AA arrivals lounge in T3. Since your companion’s QF ticket includes access to the T3 AA lounge, I am not sure if you could parlay this into access at T5 – I could find no mention of that on QF’s site where they talk about arrivals lounge access (http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/lounge-locations/london-heathrow/arrival-lounge/associated-lounge-american-airlines/global/en). In any case, though, query whether it would be worth schlepping from T3 to T5 when the AA lounge is perfectly adequate. The food isn’t as good as T5, but you never have to queue for the showers, it is quieter, brighter, and still comfortable.

jaguarpig
    Participant

VintageKrug is incorrect. A First class ticket on BA allows you to invite 1 guest into the Concorde Room at either LHR or JFK on departure,BA or OW status is immaterial.

The FT lounge access table is much better than the BA one.
    http://tiny.cc/ldreiw

GordyUK
    Participant

Hi VK, i notice in an earlier post you said there were baths in an arrivas lounge?. Which one is this? T5? I’ve arrived off a few flights in F and never been offered a bath. I thought the T5 arrivals lounge only had showers. I couldn’t see anyhitng about it in the link to First lounges either. Please do elaborate 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls