Guests in Concorde lounge & T5 arrivals lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

• Anonymous

Bozal1256
    Participant

Forgive me if this is in another thread somewhere but I can’t find it, can I take a guest in the Concorde lounge on a first ticket ? and can a first ticket holder use the arrival lounge at T5 ? The BA website confusingly seems to suggest First class tickets with a Gold card only in the arrivals lounge – which seems unlikely.

RichHI1
    Participant

Concorde Room First Class PAx 1 Guest (It only specifies EC members but I have had a guest in Concorde Room before – just thinking I am One World Emerald…. Call you first number (just found a British number… •In the UK call: 0800 408 7667)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/youfirst/public/en_us?gsLink=searchResults

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/lounge-access/public/en_us?gsLink=searchResults

Arrivals First / Business passengers as well as One World Emerald/BAEC Gold ( both types of passenger not a requirement to have both)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/lounges-arrivals/public/en_us

Binman62
    Participant

Access for guests in lounges is 1 per eligible customer, so if holding a First ticket you can guest 1 other passenger who can be in any cabin but must be flying that day.

I understand that access to Arrivals lounge is restricted to First, Club and gold card holders and there are no guest privilidges….but I am happy to be corrected on that.

Bozal1256
    Participant

Thanks, the links still seem confusing seeming to indicate you have to be a gold or silver EC member to take a guest into the lounges, I am not. I will phone youfirst as you suggest.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Bozal1256

I do have to say I can understand why you were confused by the links!

In the past, I’ve used the arrivals lounge on a NCW ticket and was not asked to show my card – IIRC they issued an invitation on the aircraft.

Bozal1256
    Participant

FormerlyDoS
    Thanks for that, was beginning to think I was more stupid then I actually am.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It is not necessary to have an “invitation” to use the Arrivals facilities.

If you have a Gold Card you can use the Arrivals lounge regardless of the (longhaul) cabin you arrive in.

If you have a Club or First ticket, then that ticket can be used to gain entrance to the lounge; so do retain your Boarding Pass!

If you have a First ticket, you can use the Concorde Dining Room within the Arrivals facility, with table service in a more secluded environment and a separate menu (Eggs Benedict etc.)

Once in, passengers have access to the spa for a treatment, the showers (and baths, which are nicer and preference is given to F pax for those), full English, newspapers and magazines, WiFi and Business Centre.

It is not a requirement to have a BA gold or silver card. You can’t take a guest.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’m sure all the above could be found on the BA website!

RichHI1
    Participant

As per the links I posted….

Bozal1256
    Participant

Well yes, but the point was that the guest issue in the concorde room is not very clear. VK is contradicting binman on this issue as he says you can’t take a guest.

Bozal1256
    Participant

Of course he may have only been referring to the arrivals lounge !

RichHI1
    Participant

Did you call YouFirst?

Bozal1256
    Participant

Not yet but I will do it now to settle the matter

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Probably a good idea, I think VintageKrug gets confused at times.

Always better to ask BA than their chief apologist!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls