Gold recognition in-flight with BA?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• ChrisJR
    Participant

On the first flight after achieving gold (I was flying WT+) I was congratulated and offered a glass of champagne on boarding (I turned it down as I was tired and had already drunk too much in the lounge!). In ET cabin DUB-LHR I had the exact same as Swiss Expat has on the same route (although didn’t take them up on the offer). I have noticed that in CW I had my meal order taken and food delivered first (I could see on their seat map / menu sheet they had me down as Gold).

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Whilst a “mere” Gold card holder, I have probably been recognised on about a third of long haul flights and never on short haul.

Since being on the Gold Guest List, I have never not been warmly recognised on a long haul flight, and probably get some kind of recognition on half of short hauls.

PerthWA
    Participant

Cathay do it best. BA never. AA very nice. But when Qantas try, they really get it right. Except for a couple of memorable early Emerald trips when the female cabin whatever actually on one occasion, leaned over to the window seat to “welcome back MR MY NAME, we know you have a choice blah blah….” He looked bemused… When saying actually, I’m Mrs My Name was given a blank stare with “oh”. Nothing else. Women. Never cease to amaze me.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls