Getting the most out of BA’s Galleries Lounge in Terminal 5

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s always 6.30pm somewhere…..

Here is a £5 voucher which might help stave off thirst while on your hols:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/A-Feeble-A-pound-5-Off-a-A-pound-75-Spend-from-BAA-Worldpoints

1nfrequent
    Participant

Posting this from the Galleries lounge as I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice I got here and to add some info of my experience in case it’s useful to others.

I’d printed off the voucher that VK linked to, but when I handed it over at the till in the duty free store I was told that I was actually entitled to another £5 off because of the amount I was spending. This was a bit of a surprise because I thought you could only use one voucher at a time, but it was nevertheless very welcome.

I got to the Galleries lounge at about 7.15am and headed straight to the Spa. I’d wanted the foot massage treatment but that wasn’t available until after 10am (my flight leaves at 9.40). Don’t know if that’s a regular thing for the foot treatment or whether it just applied for today but it’s something that others might want to bear in mind if there’s a particular treatment they’re after. I was instead offered the choice of a facial or a scalp/shoulder massage for the next treatment slot at 7.20am. I went for the massage (purely because I’m a bit fussy about my facials). Treatment was excellent, the therapist very professional and those massage chairs are awesome.

Came up to the lounge at about 8am and helped myself to bacon rolls, toast and juice. Champers was on offer but I’m a dreadful lightweight and given that I plan to partake on the flight, I didn’t want to risk getting paralytic and disgracing myself. Read the newspaper, filled out my US customs card, admired my Duty Free purchases, had a bit of a wander and am now using the free internet access. The lounge isn’t as busy as I was expecting and although there are quite a few kids here, all are well behaved.

I’m planning on using the arrivals lounge when I get back to the UK so I can make the most of the price I paid for my CW tickets. I’ll also do a flight review in case that’s of interest.

Thanks again to all – I appreciate the help.

1F

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls