Frequent Flyer Cards & Tags, Now Electronic only?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I received my new Senator card from Lufthansa, and when I requested new tags, they were sent to me without a problem.

JJames3
    Participant

I cannot remember the last time I was was asked for a physical card, or even an electronic one for that matter, by any airline or hotel.

IMHO the relative infrequency of system / data errors these days really forecasted the demise of said plastic.

The last time anyone asked to see a membership / loyalty card was at my gym because no-one recognised me, it’d been so long since id visited 😉

1 user thanked author for this post.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

@JJames3 It’s strange how people’s experiences differ. I was surprised how many people have said they’d been asked to show a plastic card.

Like you, I can’t remember the last time I needed to show a physical loyalty card anywhere. Every reservation I make with any airline or hotel already has my loyalty program details retained in the booking system so I never get asked to show a card. In fact I haven’t even bothered to carry my cards when I travel for a few years now as I have most of them in my iPhone Wallet should they ever be asked for.

The only cards I do still carry when I travel are a few credit and debit cards, but as those are also in my iPhone Apple Pay wallet I seldom need those any more either. Of course there are still many places that don’t accept contactless payments, but the number of those are reducing all the time.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls