Flying BA First for the first time!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

I’m flying BA SEA-LHR-TLV this week (2 day break in London) on a deep discounted First Class! I’m quite excited as this is my first First class trip with BA after years of J class/Club World.

I’ve read reviews, I’m not expecting anything out of the world. But I still wanted advice/tips from those who’ve flown BA First on any nice things to look for. I’m aware of the ground benefits (Concorde Lounge, arrivals lounge, etc.)

SimonS1
    Participant

Well people say that BA F is the best business class around, so enjoy..

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

The seats do look like CX Business+ indeed! And yes, the reviews said the same as well. I’ve not come to expect much from their hard product but I do love the cabin crew, and they have the best Hindu veg meal in premium cabins (compared to EK, QR, CX, etc.).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=950319]Well people say that BA F is the best business class around, so enjoy..[/quote]

its not that good 🙂

Gold-2K
    Participant

Ive had the Asian Veg option and it has been really good. Haven’t had it since they changed the menu but I understand its the same suppliers so should be OK.

Re the comment re the seat being like CX business class, actually it’s way more spacious especially at the foot of the bed. While it may not on a par with other airlines First class, the BA First seat has more space around it than the Cirrus seat used by Cathay, American and others.I find those seats quite restrictive around the feet – that certainly is not an issue on the BA F product.

GreenScot
    Participant

A member of the group is excited about something they have never done before and then the group’s dominant pessimism kicks in. What about wishing him an enjoyable flight?

Come on folks be happy and stop being Debbie Downers.

@markivj
    – I really hope you have a lovely experience in First and the CCR Room. 🙂

Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.

esselle
    Participant

I flew BA F for the first time in a couple of years last Friday, LHR-JFK.

Hard product is fine but nothing exceptional. New service level on board a big step up. CCR experience was fine.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Ekond222
    Participant

…I think you’ll be pleasantly suprised…but it’s not out of this world…you can also pre-book complimentary SPA treatments…and a private cabana…via https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=youfirstform

Enjoy.

w8ster
    Participant

BA First will equal a second grade J from a good airline.. so set the expectation low.. and I hope you didn’t pay for it.

JasmineBear
    Participant

Enjoy the trip!
    Recently flown on QR J Class in Q Suites on both the 777 and A350…. for a comparison with Business class, and I’d say BA First is right up there as a great business class product :). More spacious bed, better food and drinks, but hard product is not as advanced or as good as QR. Cabin crew generally very good, but less consistently good than QR.

I’d use SeatGuru to choose your seat to your preference.
    If its on a 747, i’d avoid the middle seats as they are less spacious or private (especially row 3) vs. the window seats. Rows 4-5 have marginally larger overhead bins in the 747 vs. row 2-3. Row 1 uses the front locker which can be good (proximity) or bad (everyone else uses it, so its less private.
    If its the 777-2, then its a more uniform First experience in terms of hard product, but i prefer the window seats for access to the blinds.

Recent changes to soft product is much improved

Inquisitive
    Participant

I want to provide some positives based on my limited BA F travel (5-6 long haul sectors).

1. A decent lounge at LHR.
    2. Although many seats in F but everyone normally behaves gentlemanly/ladylike and that percolate to crew members and so overall cabin atmosphere is quite good.
    3. A decent sleep dress that I could use later with many wash.
    4. A decent wash bag
    5. Food is so so but crew can make decent cocktails and gin during day flights. Wine is decent.
    6. Although I never used, but facility of arrival lounge.
    7. Although not as good as SQ or LH (the only 2 airlines I travelled in First besides NA), the seat in sleep position and beddings are quite good.

Henryp1
    Participant

[quote quote=950316]I’m flying BA SEA-LHR-TLV this week (2 day break in London) on a deep discounted First Class! I’m quite excited as this is my first First class trip with BA after years of J class/Club World.

I’ve read reviews, I’m not expecting anything out of the world. But I still wanted advice/tips from those who’ve flown BA First on any nice things to look for. I’m aware of the ground benefits (Concorde Lounge, arrivals lounge, etc.)[/quote]

I quite like the much smaller cabin and would always choose when available over the Club cabin. My own experiences are generally good, be it the hard or soft products. I can never understand why comments are made about who pays for the ticket. My tickets are paid by the business or self if on personal travel, it seems to be good value for what is paid and received.

Hope you have an enjoyable flights.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

without doubt, a standard aisle seat in Club v First, First will win every time, purely on seat size.

Window seat in club on a 777/787, again First will win every time.

However, a window seat upstairs on a 380, benefits from added privacy & whilst the seat may not be as big as the F seat, with the added width of the window seat real estate, at 5’7 and 12 stone – I preference on a 380, those seats.

First food, is clearly enhanced but the entire experience will be down to the crew and the hopefully professional manner in which they provide service. I guess the tester for you will be whether your white wine or champagne will be chilled when served or cooled with a lump of ice.

I too hope you enjoy your flight and will be interested to hear your comments but as you said in your remarks, whilst you are excited you are not expecting anything out of the world. Had you been travelling F on LH, Singapore, CX etc – I think we would all be excited and expecting an amazing experience.

openfly
    Participant

Most of the passengers are BA staff and family on their annual freebies, or duty staff travel, or “friendly” upgraded staff from lower classes, or the Captains mothers window cleaners next door neighbour who paid £100 (but a nice gesture)…..!!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BPP, JJ

esselle
    Participant

Openfly.

Nonsense.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls