First View BA A350-1000

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=952278]I am surprised to see TLV as the next A350 destination. I would have expected a new product on a route with a bigger rivalry. Did I miss something?[/quote]

@Swissdriver Don’t you think that BA would want to rain on Virgin’s parade if they could?!

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=952959]I’ve read about nearly all the blogs about the BA A350 and it seems not one has mentioned the fact that on the 350 there are six economy seats (35ABC HJK) with NO recline. At all. So disappointing for a brand new ULR aircraft and will be a difficult situation for the crew to deal with on….every….flight.[/quote]

Looks like SeatGuru will need to put a better warning on their site, as they rate the very last row worse than 35.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=952959]I’ve read about nearly all the blogs about the BA A350 and it seems not one has mentioned the fact that on the 350 there are six economy seats (35ABC HJK) with NO recline. At all. So disappointing for a brand new ULR aircraft and will be a difficult situation for the crew to deal with on….every….flight.[/quote]

Long haul with no recline? This is absurd! What kind of jerk can that such a decision?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=952955]
    Could it be that the cost of a ticket per mile/km in all classes is substantially higher than other route, eg North America? Yet, the planes are almost always full, in my experience. And there is now a lot of rivalry – ex LON there is also El Al, EasyJet, Wizzair and now Virgin.[/quote]

Full planes mean you don’t need to upgrade the aircraft. Now it might indeed be a defensive strategy against Virgin’s new service.

2 users thanked author for this post.

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=952963]

I’ve read about nearly all the blogs about the BA A350 and it seems not one has mentioned the fact that on the 350 there are six economy seats (35ABC HJK) with NO recline. At all. So disappointing for a brand new ULR aircraft and will be a difficult situation for the crew to deal with on….every….flight.

Long haul with no recline? This is absurd! What kind of jerk can that such a decision?[/quote]

Yep. Unprecedented on the BA longhaul fleet. New flagship aircraft with six seats that have absolutely no recline. BA are saying it will all be ok because that row has 32″ pitch instead of the 31″ elsewhere. I beg to differ. Especially once row 34 reclines their seat.

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=952962]

I’ve read about nearly all the blogs about the BA A350 and it seems not one has mentioned the fact that on the 350 there are six economy seats (35ABC HJK) with NO recline. At all. So disappointing for a brand new ULR aircraft and will be a difficult situation for the crew to deal with on….every….flight.

Looks like SeatGuru will need to put a better warning on their site, as they rate the very last row worse than 35.[/quote]

Yes no one seems to have clocked on to it yet. And I doubt BA are shouting about it from the rooftops

SimonS1
    Participant

Noel Phillips review not so promising….dark, claustrophobic, cheap, plasticky, designed in Ikea.

Very BA in fact.

3 users thanked author for this post.

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=952963]

Long haul with no recline? This is absurd! What kind of jerk can that such a decision?[/quote]

Someone has caught on

If you get a British Airways flight don’t sit in these seats

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls