First LHR / SYD

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

The Concorde Room is very nice, but not, in my opinion, in a league of its own. It can be crowded at peak times, the seating does not make best use of the considerable space, food is only average and service very spotty. Cabanas are getting tatty and are very noisy sometimes. There is often an air of total lack of enthusiasm to the whole affair. For WOW factor, QF Sydney First lounge is still tops, though service there also can be iffy. JAL First lounge in Narita I find extremely pleasant from the food and service point of view and for me this makes up for other shortcomings.

austline
    Participant

I have literally just arrived back in Melbourne from London and travelled F on the QF A380.

The check in was uneventful the QF/BA F lounge at terminal 3 is certainly not up to the same standard as the Concorde Room in terminal 5 but in saying that it was very pleasant.

The A380 is a beautiful aircraft I really like the individual suites, the seats are very comfortable and the turndown service is excellent. I slept for a good 8 hours and certainly never noticed any noise from the crew or other pax walking past.

The cabin was full and the crew were very attentive throughout the flight, the food and wine offering on QF in F and J would have to be the best being served on any international airline.

All up a superb flight.

first_class_please
    Participant

Unless you really want / need a oneworld airline, have you considered the Emirates A380 connections via Dubai?

All have the wonderful private suites and for me the entertainment system for such long flights is unbeatable.

I am a BA gold member but prefer EK on the very long flights.

macaulay
    Participant

I flew A380 Quantas “first class” in the November ice and snow , and was not impressed.
    Out of four cabin crews (to and from Sydney) only the first (from London,and mostly British) were good.
    The problem is behind First and with only a curtains separation, the noise from children in tourist can ruin the peace (if the cabin staff are not loud enough).Decor , food, and seat nothing special. Think you should think again. My partners seat electrics were faulty too.
    After several A380 flights, jet lag/comfort is not dramatically better so you could do better on smaller plane if you shop around.

crookieLondon
    Participant

I’m amazed nobody’s mentioned ETIHAD. I’ve just flown with them from Heathrow to Sydney via Abu Dhabi and they were just superb. I’ve flown to Sydney using BA and Qantas and Etihad leaves them both standing. Complimentary chauffeur driven car to Heathrow from home, very personal service in the fabulous lounge and suites onboard. Excellent crew, champagne, wine and you can eat when you want to. Couldn’t, in my opinion, be bettered. My first time with them, but it certainly won’t be the last. Recommend 1D and 1G if travelling with a partner.

Inquisitive
    Participant

I believe if money is no concern, the best F class between Lon-Syd is Singapore airlines A380. (the fare is at least 25% higher than other F). SQ calls this class as suite. I have not travelled in suite so far, but travelled many times in SQ A380 business class. The flight is fantastic (low noise) and having experienced SQ’s F-class in B747 and in B777, which is excellent (service, food, privacy, entertainment), I can only assume it will be better than that in suits.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls