First Class Plferer Arrested

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Colin Hunt lives!!

I think shower gels and other hotel items also fall into this category; I usually take them with if they’re good quality (L’Occitaine and Aromatherapy Associates are my favourites) simply because they’ll probably be chucked out if half used. I hardly ever need to buy shower gel, and can give away which is made up into gift baskets for the Village fete.

Some aren’t so sure about this:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/blog/?p=4629

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Vintage Krug you cheapskate!!!! how can yout give the comp bottles of toiletries away as gifts? xx

In hotels i take the free bottles to use at home including the slippers, pens and even the notepads On planes i only take the pyjamas and amenity bags. Have always wanted to take the blanket, headphones and cutlery but always bottle out at the last minute. 😉 xx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ah! The gift baskets are sold to raise funds for charity! Not that cheap! 😉

watersz
    Participant

my god ali baba only knew 40…………….

VintageKrug
    Participant

🙂

Munkyboi
    Participant

I notice that the BA FIRST blankets now have “cabin use only” or words to that effect emblazoned on them, the one that somehow got into my carry on previously didnt….

Oh also on a recent MIA trip one of the FIRST blankets was an AA one (on a BA flight)!

Tim2soza
    Participant

The bottom of the Virgin Salt and Pepper pots used to carry the line ‘Pinched from Virgin Atlantic’

Yuriy_Aniskevich
    Participant

I have a recycled airplane seat belt from Air France , and I wear is as a usual belt with my jeans, looks great. I got it as present a long time ago.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I wonder which AF aircraft carcass that was culled from.

Let’s hope their seatbelts are better at keeping your jeans secure than AF is at keeping their planes safely in the air.

RichHI1
    Participant

Hope your belt isn’t from Concorde…
    I find this thread odd. I have always asked if I wanted something. First time I took pajamas and slippers I asked. I would not dreamed of appropriating airline property such as blankets, pillows, crockery. Though I asked for TWA first class cup once and was given one. In hotels, the toiletries are disposable and I often make 1 shampoo bottle do 2 days and take the second to cover for a hotel arrival when they put two shower gels and no shampoo and I do not want to wait for housekeeping at 2 am. As to those who steL towels, ashtrays, glasses …. I do not understand how they can justify what is common theft.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m sure no airline would have one of their premium pax arrested over the “accidental” taking of a serviette or piece of cutlery.

I’ve seen the FA gently pointing out that the cutlery is not disposable and could she please give it back after a F pax helped herself to the entire set on a Swiss flight!

In my case I always ask for playing cards as I collect them. Sadly fewer airlines now have them – or you have to pay for them. Matches are now a thing of the past as is writing paper and envelopes, though postcards can often still be found. However they will no longer post them for you.

Past booty, as any self respecting pirate will admit to having, was ashtrays and face cloths, which were emblazoned with the carriers logo. Alas no more as I’ve hung up the cutlass and become less bold in old age!

first_class_please
    Participant

Pajamas, slippers and the wash bag collected this morning….

TiredOldHack
    Participant

My father-in-law worked for the Straits Steamship Line, back in the day.

Passengers pilfering items was a problem then, too – nothing has evidently changed in the last 50 years. Cutlery, crockery, cruet sets, you name it.

The thing was, the stewards and staff always knew who was at it, but to “avoid a scene” they would never confront the thieves directly.

Instead, they would tip off the customs authorities when the ships docked at their destination, and the customs would always open the luggage of the culprits, as a “routine search”. Lo and behold, all the stolen items would be discovered, the thieves would be horribly embarrassed in public, no “scene” between Straits Steamship Line staff and the thieves would ever take place, and Customs would simply hand back to SSL all the purloined items.

I always thought (and still think) that this was an amazingly elegant solution.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls