First Class Plferer Arrested

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

first_class_please
    Participant

Hmm, best be careful to just collect and not sell !!

http://tinyurl.com/784logx

VintageKrug
    Participant

Gosh! €10,000 is quite a stash, even over a number of years!

Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me that airlines are clamping down, though of course the line is somewhat muddied by the culture of being encouraged to take inflight magazines, amenity kits and even (on some airlines) the salt and pepper pots.

But with high value items such as noise-cancelling headphones, and even iPads being handed out, it’s right that a line is drawn.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

I always take the pyjamas from BA F as Mrs HFF finds them very comfortable to sleep in. I reuse them myself when I am confined to J on a sub eight hour red eye.

I am feeling slightly guilty now….

VintageKrug
    Participant

But the PJs, Amenity Kit and Slippers are for taking, so no need to worry about a brief sojourn in Ford Open without your staff at hand, HFF.

I don’t believe the PJs are recycled on BA (though an encounter with some light (possibly genetic material…) staining on a VS flight suggests they do “re-use” theirs…..)

first_class_please
    Participant

I think I have a blanket in the car boot from one airline just in case! Can’t remember which airline I thought I could make use of it from, probably one where I thought, that was all rather poor, I’ll have a blanket for the cat to make it up for it.

Wouldn’t dare take more than the “handouts” though, oh a small salt and pepper pot in my office drawer. It’s all coming out now,

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’m sure Mr Otley is on the phone to the Plod as we speak…..!

Travellator
    Participant

The BA World Traveller Plus seat makes a nice office chair when mounted on a swivelling wheeled base !

JordanD
    Participant

Ironically, one of my funniest in-flight memories was watching Nick Ross (formerly presenter of Crimewatch) get off a flight from Mumbai a couple years ago which got diverted (due to snow) from LHR to STN. It being a cold, late evening, the crew were doing their best to keep people warm and foisting the CW Blankets on the CW passengers as they were leaving the plane …

famouschicken
    Participant

I went through a phase of always asking for a pack of playing cards each time I flew on a new carrier, just checked and have about a dozen in the drawer from various airlines….

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

I still have half a dozen BA blankets and a couple of pillows after they were used to prop up my broken leg on a BA flight after a skiing accident in the 90s. The nurse accompanying me back told me I should keep them because BA always disposed of goods used on sick passengers. Not that my broken leg was contagious…

Tim2soza
    Participant

I know of an office nearby that has 6 BA old style first class seats in their lobby area. (Pre flat bed era)

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Am going to suggest to my dentist to get one with an hydrolic jack attached. At least they can accommodate heights well over 6ft which his current chair does not.

VintageKrug
    Participant

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“I know of an office nearby that has 6 BA old style first class seats in their lobby area. (Pre flat bed era)”

Lufthansa did market old style business (cradle) seats a few years ago, refurbished, fitted with suitable legs and about 1,100 eur the pair.

They would have been ideal for a TV room, or somewhere, but we’d just bought new furniture, so I didn’t bother.

I reckon they would have lasted for years, though as well as being very comfortable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls