Fairmont Windsor Park

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

I thought I’d share a positive experience of a visit to this relatively new hotel. (BT wrote about its opening previously).

We ate rather than stayed here, so won’t comment on bedrooms etc, though it is a relatively large English countryside hotel (200 rooms), set in fairly extensive grounds with a pleasant, modern and contemporary feel to it.

While we only had afternoon tea all the food was particularly fresh and tasted like it had been prepared that day as opposed to having sat in a fridge for some time. Excellent bread, sandwich filings, scones and cakes. The latter with a coronation theme.

Given it’s location (7 miles / 15 mins from LHR) I suspect outside of conferences and weddings it would appeal to:

Travellers with a slightly longer layover who wish to eschew a traditional airport hotel.
    A leisure break, with Savill Gardens / Windsor Great Park all literally on the doorstep. (The former being in full bloom at the moment).
    An upscale venue for a family gathering given the amount of public spaces within the hotel.

The staff were all exceptionally friendly.
    The only slight, possibly negative comment (which was a positive for us) was on a Thursday lunchtime it was not in the least bit busy.

4 users thanked author for this post.

“Travellers with a slightly longer layover who wish to eschew a traditional airport hotel”.

Exactly! The Fairmont Windsor Park sounds ideal for that. Thanks for sharing. I missed the article about the hotel’s opening.

Have a nice weekend.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Here you go a_canadian_traveller:

Fairmont Windsor Park to open on New Year’s Day

huey
    Participant

I am looking forward to a couple of nights here next time I transit Heathrow. Fairmonts are usually quite reliable for providing a good experience all the way around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls