End of 2022 and the traditional round up of travel…

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FormerBA
    Participant

It has been a fabulous year of travel for me and I am indeed very fortunate. Much of it catching up on Covid cancellations.

Also, thanks to BAs inept IT and operational challenges some of it was for free. I was paid 4 lots of EU261 compensation for the IT failure in February on an avios ticket. A transfer to Qatar Airways because either BA or Cathay were not flying to HKG and Bali led to my wife and I being the only passengers ex LHR in First Class on their A380. It was exceptional in every aspect.

A transatlantic crossing on the QM2 was outstanding.

Two new airports for me, Sofia in Bulgaria and Hanoi in Vietnam. It is becoming harder to add to the list as I have 167 over the last 40 years though in 2023, all being well, I will hopefully add 5 more

In total 16 long haul sectors none of which were BA and around the same shorthaul, with all but two on BA, the others being Austrian who were very good indeed.

My OH and I both secured Gold card with ease which make the progress through LHR bearable.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Safe travels

2 users thanked author for this post.

fatbear
    Participant

Just before Covid I did 99 sectors, this year just 4.

This is mostly due to a change in job, but also the willingness and ability to conduct business meetings remotely. All travel this year was for leisure, as are the flights currently booked for 2023

TominScotland
    Participant

FormerBA

I am delighted that I am not the only one who ‘collects’ airports!! I am currently at 273 and plan a bumper ‘harvest’ in 2023 by virtue of our booking on the Mount Isa Milk Run from Brisbane – 7 new airports in a day!! (I will report on that separately). Also scheduled to add Kuwait, Haneda, Osaka Kansai and Osaka Itami. All these new airports (for me) by the end of February so who knows what the rest of the year will bring.

TGRW
    Participant

It is wonderful to be back travelling, 28 sectors this year, around 50% of pre pandemic travel, business travel has yet to fully return for our company.

The majority of flights on SQ and Star Alliance metal.

Interesting to fly in and out of XSP and SZB again, new airport BLQ and plenty of CGK, HKT, BKK and DPS with 4 round trips to Europe.

Looking back on the year from pre flight tests, quarantine, sandboxes, self testing and monitoring to the lowering of travel restrictions, it has been strange times.

All the best to all on the forum, I look forward to following and contributing more in 2023.

1 user thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Seven flight sectors. But also about 8,000 miles in my new (to me) car – which may not sound terribly significant until you hear that was all within about two months, and a significant number of which occurred before I had paid for it. Probably helped that the dealer once dated my daughter-in-law, but I was in the odd position of continually asking him to give me his bank account details so I could give him the money and him constantly telling me not to worry about it and “next week will be fine”.

Loving the Gibraltar way of life!

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls