Emirates President Sir Tim Clark to step down

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

No matter how good a general manager is, there is a time when he/she must be replaced to bring a different hindsight, challenge the organisation, put people out of their confort zone and force then to think again, … This is probably were EK is today, in an environment that is very different from the one Sir Tim excelled. So EK board took the right decision IMHO. And, yes, Sir Tim will probably remain active, may-be in a different role.

alainboy56
    Participant

Noting all the comments here I do believe in my humble honest opinion that it is an amalgum of reasons, UAE is slipping down the plughole, AD first and Dub after EXPO, his age, probably he’s had enough, the problems within EK and the locals wanting jobs (or should I say to be precise, ‘Positions’).
    I would put a wager on the next CEO being for sure a muwaten (a ‘local’ in arabic).
    I wouldn’t necessarily say he has been pushed, but he may well have had a small nudge ………. “Oh the times, they are a changing” …………(Here!)

capetonianm
    Participant

Re: Working on after retirement age:
    ….. I retired at 60, and now travel purely for pleasure at my own pace.
    The only stress I face is having to decide where to go next.

I left my ‘day job’ in 2007 aged 54, I got them to sack me which was win-win for all concerned.
    Until late 2018 I did various bits of consultancy work as chosen to suit myself and spent time in some fantastic places and with mostly fantastic people (and some utter bloody morons). The money didn’t really cover the expenses by the time I’d paid tax etc, and because the hotels and flights that the company would pay for were generally below my own standards, I ended up paying the difference out of my own pocket but I was enjoying it.
    I then decided that due to general dumbing down in the industry, dehumanisation, ‘computer says no’ mentality, and lack of challenge, I would walk away from it while I was ‘in profit’. Also that on a trip to Ireland, they wanted me to fly Ryanair and got snotty when I said it’s Aer Lingus, Irish Ferries, or nothing. I don’t need the arguments.
    Since then, my hardest choices in life are where to go next, where to eat and stay, and which airline to fly on, although the last part is easy as the list of airlines I will fly on is not a long one!

maxgeorge
    Participant

Over to Montagu perhaps, Mr Capetonian, for a a jol, a braai and some steen – though I’d avoid Paarl PerlĂ© like you avoided Ryanair.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Who will replace Sir Tim Clark ?

https://www.aviationbusinessme.com/airlines/20698-who-will-replace-emirates-president-tim-clark

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls