Emirates aircraft parked at Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=808394]The relevance being door to manual posted a picture which was different nature to that posted at the start of the topic. Pretty straightforward really, read what I said.

I don’t know if this has any relevance to EK’s passemger loads, neither do you. If the editor of this site wants to raise a forum topic, he is at a perfect right to do so.

[/quote]

I did read what you said, something about planes being parked at a gate. Maybe it’s your terminology then, because some of the EK planes in the original picture are parked at gates. They just are remote gates and don’t have jetties attached. Flights leave from these gates.

And what about the BA planes in South Africa parked at remote gates? Does that suggest times are hard at BA?

Of course I have no problem with someone posting a thread but I think you are confused about that too as Tom doesn’t ‘edit’ the forum, he edits the magazine. Do you mean moderate?

capetonianm
    Participant

“If BT wants to get to the bottom of it why not just contact EK and ask?”
    Oh, and they’ll tell the truth!

Intheair
    Blocked

SimonS1

Stop being so pedantic. Your response says more about you than you think.

Just let it drop.

There are some serious egos on this site – this is supposed to be a site about information, not childish playground arguments. Grow up

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=808411]SimonS1

Stop being so pedantic. Your response says more about you than you think.

Just let it drop.

There are some serious egos on this site – this is supposed to be a site about information, not childish playground arguments. Grow up

[/quote]

I’m not being pedantic, I just think you are talking nonsense. But its all about opinions I suppose.

I guess I don’t see a random photo as ‘information’, anyone could take such pictures anywhere in the world, it doesn’t prove anything.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

FWIW, I drove right past that area of DXB yesterday and saw at least the same amount of aircraft parked there.

However, they were parked, not moored (no engine covers etc in place) and it looked to me as if they were being rotated between flights. Also one was being boarded, as SimonS1 says, this area is used for boarding flights to cities down the pecking order (I have sometime boarded to Larnaca/Malta from here in the past).

Therefore I wouldn’t draw too many conclusions from this picture – especially as it is close to the start of Ramadan, when things wind down.

That’s not to say EK has no challenges, just that this evidence isn’t really a strong pointer to any.

alainboy56
    Participant

Dear all, I could be pedantic too, they are not parked at ‘gates’ they are on ‘stands’.
    ‘GATES’ are only in the terminal, for ‘self-loading’ freight, Aircraft park on ‘STANDS’.
    And this photo is just, as many contributors have stated, a no story photo – its normal at certain times of the day, for aircraft to be parked on remote stands.

SimonS1
    Participant

Someone took this photo today showing lots of BA planes parked up at Heathrow. Some are on remote stands.

Does anyone know if BA has some problems?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069865

Malta mann
    Participant

[quote quote=809484]Someone took this photo today showing lots of BA planes parked up at Heathrow. Some are on remote stands.

Does anyone know if BA has some problems?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069865

[/quote]

ROFL

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Emirates may acquire a further 20 x A380s. However the airline may then decide to retire the oldest A380s in its fleet.

Already Emirates has a couple of A380s which have already been built but are now in storage at Toulouse awaiting delivery at a future date.

BTMEEditor
    Participant

Yep, you’ll still find plenty of aircraft parked on remote stands as T3/Concourse C gates are in high demand. I caught the bus out to a B777 on the way to BUD last week.

SimonS1
    Participant

I heard from a colleague that QR had a few planes parked up at Doha this week. However they forgot to take a picture.

Is the airline in difficulties?

Charles-P
    Participant

I have just come across a picture of RAF Typhoon aircraft parked up while a USAF F22 taxis past – is the RAF in difficulties ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=812818]I have just come across a picture of RAF Typhoon aircraft parked up while a USAF F22 taxis past – is the RAF in difficulties ?

[/quote]

Only if the Typhoon gets into a fight with the F22.

Intheair
    Blocked

SimonS1

Are Qatar airlines having any difficulties? – yes………

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Emirates aircraft parked at Dubai’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls