Edinburgh will double its drop-off fee next month

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

These airport drop-off fees arouse so much reader interest that I ought to highlight this latest development at Edinburgh (EDI).

Originally the airport said the need for a drop-off fee was to reduce congestion in front of the terminal which to improve security arrangements.

But the latest increase is to compensate the airport for low passenger traffic resulting from Covid-19.

Edinburgh airport doubles drop-off fee

canucklad
    Participant

And with Nicola doubling down on our movements and making life even more miserable, that should increase revenue from drop off charges from £132 per month to £264 per month

2 users thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

A relative dropped two of us off in his car at Newcastle (UK) airport last Saturday, which took about 2 minutes. He had to pay a 3 pounds drop off fee. Was it unreasonable / profiteering? I thought so at first, but now I think it was acceptable, as airports are suffering financially these days, and because charging the fee has the good effect of encouraging the use of public transport for airport drop offs.

1 user thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

Every time Nicola or her Scottish govt colleagues get dropped off…£4, but, of course, they don’t care because the poor of Scotland have to pay!

RoyJones
    Participant

Its not only Edinburgh that has or is about to introduce a “drop off” fee and, of course a “pick up” fee by forcing meeters into the short term car park. They are all at it. So the airports are bleating about loss of revenue and adding charges that will boost the trip cost by maybe 1 or 2% tipping the argument for video rather than physical meetings.

openfly
    Participant

I’m amazed that with the airlines are having a really hard time of it…going bust, staff losing their jobs…that the airports are doing their best to make flying even more difficult and expensive. In good times ok they will milk the situation, but their behaviour, shooting themselves in the foot.
    When BA, EasyJet and Tui go bust…will these stupid airports double their charges again? Gatwick is rapidly going out of business with few flights, so they impose a drop-off charge!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls