Easyjet cancellation

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=909175]I’m affraid but as I read on GIVT website: “Right to compensation for a cancelled flight applies if the airline informed you about the cancellation later than 14 days before the scheduled departure date”, so if it’s April according to EU261 you dont have right to compensation :/[/quote]

And likewise with those Saturday services in March and April 2019.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

*Correction* I meant March and May 2019.

RatherwalkthanBA
    Participant

Aside from the fact that Jet2 have the worst safety record of course 🙁 , you only have to google Jet2 incident/accident and there are so many to choose from, they’re aircraft really are fit for the Scrapheap…wouldn’t catch me dead anywhere near them…….my friends used to fly them always fro Manchester until I showed her the safety reports….shocking Airline!

capetonianm
    Participant

Please remind me how many fatal accidents Jet2 have had since they started operations?

2 users thanked author for this post.

penfold69
    Participant

I count about 17 incidents on Jet2 since the start of 2017, according to the AV Herald. All fairly minor, ranging from unwell pilots to tail strikes and other mechanical issues. No Casualties. A quick search using British airways on the same site, brings in over 40 incidents in the same period (I didn’t scroll through to 2nd page of the list so there are likely more). Obviously BA operate more flights, but the types of incidents are almost identical. A quick search of some other airlines, and they all tend to have very similar issues with their equipment/staff. I’m not sure how they can be rated as having a bad safety record, never mind the “worst”. In regards to the Google search, a Google search about almost anything will bring up many articles to choose from.

SpeedbirdAbz
    Participant

I was affected by the ABZ/LGW/ABZ flight cancellations. I knew 10 days before they finally agreed to a refund, calling made no difference “we have no information about those flights yet so can’t issue a refund”. Plus the eventual e-mail was very cold. “Flight is cancelled, call for refund”. The inconvenience, the extra expense of flights to and from LHR, coach to and from LGW etc etc. To be fair, EZY are my preferred low-cost airline – my recent flight on their “hands-free” service where they let you check in your hand baggage was faultless and all staff extra friendly. Strangely these flights are usually full, they must just be able to make more money from another route. Hey ho, someone else will take over the route I’m sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls