Dubai top 10 attractions

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• JamesCoke
    Participant

I want to visit this and pass an enjoyable day there, it’s so fantastic, of friend of mine has visited Radisson Blu Hotel and it’s Deira Creek, he told me that was a so funny journey http://www.bedouk.com/radisson-blu-hotel-du,L64577

Charles-P
    Participant

As a regular visitor to Dubai my favourite place to visit is the departure lounge at Dubai International. I find it an awful place full of ex-pat chancers on the make and downtrodden developing world workers just waiting for the day they can leave.

There are much nicer places in the world to visit.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Me and my boy friend really want to go to dubai but we are worried that we might get in to trouble because we are not married.

Charles-P
    Participant

Becky, Don’t worry about that nobody really worries about that sort of thing. Public displays of over the top affection are frowned upon but the police give a lot of warnings before taking any action.

But all that aside go somewher else, Dubai is a hole !

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Charles, what about sharing a room together? I was told the hotel have to pass all the details to the police. Its really shame if its that bad I really wanted to go to the Ferrari world and do the dessert camping

Charles-P
    Participant

No they simply don’t care. There are restrictions on the developing world workers who live in YMCA type properties but for us Westerners they simply ignore it. The areas where they are tough are mostly related to drink. In short NEVER drink and drive and NEVER drink outside of the hotel bars or approved areas apart from that some level of modesty in clothing (think – what would I wear when meeting boyfriends parents the first time) and that’s it…….. however….. I state again my point from earlier.

Why go there ? It all looks like it was built yesterday, the people are ghastly (ex-pats not the Emiraties) and the atmosphere tacky. How about a nice romantic weekend on Lake Como or three days in Barcelona ?

By the way Ferrai World is in Abu Dhabi not Dubai

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Lots of the city traders i know go there and they love it I have been to Barca a lot for work so dont fancy it. Will deffo check out Lake Como is Abu Dabi any better? 😉

ekond111
    Participant

CP absolutely correct – Italy – this has one of the highest rates of child sex slave industry within the EEC…and Spain has one highest rates of cash in hand employment scenarios in the EEC – point to note Dubai has never funded an illegal war…

Charles-P
    Participant

ekond111 – In fact Dubai has funded a number of wars of the years including those by Al Maktoum family against the Bani Yas clan who used to run Dubai. A short navel conflict with the Magan people to establish control of the pearl banks and Gaspero Balbi, a renowned pearl merchant when visiting in 1580 described how Venitians had been driven out of the city and their assets stolen.once they became prosperous.

In the words of Bart Simpson,
    “There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy”

BeckyBoop
    Participant

so sad to hear.. didnt realise the dubai royal family were that bad i have seen them before at ascot, newmarket and the derby and they were really nice 🙁

Charles-P
    Participant

Becky, I was not suggesting these were recent events !

craigwatson
    Participant

ekond111 – “point to note Dubai has never funded an illegal war”

no they have just acted as the middle man for al qaeda’s cash transfers.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’m in Dubai most weeks for a couple of days in the course of work and I agree with Charles-P that the best place is the departure lounge. Dubai is an awful place and really BeckyBoop save your money and go somewhere else unless you really love bling. I will also add, don’t worry about not being married and just keep displays of affection out of sight.

What Airpocket says is also true, you would not want to scratch the surface of Dubai because you would not like what you found. Occasionally I’ve seen an odd glimpse and it is nauseating to think that people are treated like that.

ekond111
    Participant

…WOW…CP you and google are absolutely right …1580 merchant wars et all…
    CW….qaeda cash transfers…from where to where….

The point that was being made is that there are wrong’s and rights in every established and evolving societies…

As you guys feel so strongly about Dubai as a destinaton…don’t go …

Charles-P
    Participant

Well I have to go (business) but I will continue to encourage others not to. Like many people here on the BT boards I am lucky enough to have visited a lot of the world and as I said before there are many other better places for a romantic break with your partner. To add to my earlier ones may I suggest

Brugge Belgium – my wife is from there and it’s where we met
    Stockholm – Venice of the North
    St Petersburg – for the buildings if for nothing else
    Edinburgh – for the Castle and the whiskey museum
    Bali – for a million reasons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls