Does Qatar Airways service reflect traditional Qatari hospitality?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

I see your point. The phrase I should’ve used is “none of the local women are encouraged to apply for FA jobs (by the airline)”.

esselle
    Participant

I really do not follow the argument about local/female employees.

Most of the staff in QA are not Qatari. Most people working in the service industry in Qatar are not local. Most QA pilots are not local.

Everybody employed by Emirates is based in Dubai. But they are not locals.

Am I missing something?

MarkivJ
    Participant

esselle, – it’s not rocket science to follow the argument. Compared to other occupations in the Middle East (which also employ expats), you find very few female locals as FAs simply because it’s looked down on by their culture, and airlines as a result also discourage it although they don’t openly state it. Folks here are arguing based on a few links and articles that the airlines themselves don’t mind any FA – foreign or local.

esselle
    Participant

Thanks Markiv J.

I was being ironic. Given that the thread is about Qatar, I was simply pointing out that there is nothing unusual about the staffing profile in QA.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Oops, I’m sorry! 🙂

LadyLondon
    Participant

Not sure if we’re allowed to post links here but for purely informational purposes here is a link some people might have been thinking of :-
    http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/the-truth-about-the-luxury-of-qatar-airways/

Kenny55
    Participant

I have to agree with LondonQatarflier. The service level in the air is far superior to the ground which is bad in my experience. I qualified as a platinum flier in 3 months with QR when booking my last flight with them the customer service agent gave me the wrong information which ended in me cancelling my ticket from BKK IAD BKK in business and losing some money in the process. I have since started flying with EK and have just qualified as platinum in 4 months. Although the service in the air is not as good as QR, the customer service on the ground is better.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls