Does Qatar Airways service reflect traditional Qatari hospitality?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

• Anonymous

TerryBuchanan
    Participant

I have heard from many who have flown QR that they highly amazed at the exceptional cabin service.
    Has anyone actually been into Qatar and does the inflight service of Qatar Airways reflect that which you would find in a Qatari home ?
    The mix of different nationalities must surely be well trained to deliver such great service ?

IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

The service is too a very high standard, but in in way representative of Qatari hospitality. That said, one is offered Arabic coffee and dates in F.

IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

The service is too a very high standard, but in in way representative of Qatari hospitality. That said, one is offered Arabic coffee and dates in F.

TerryBuchanan
    Participant

Hi IstanbulWarrior,

Not too clear if the service is or isn’t the same as in a Qatari home ?!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Personally I think the hospitality in a Qatari’s home is better than found on a QR flight!

MarkivJ
    Participant

The training of FA’s in Qatar Airways is much more detailed than EK and EY. Having said that, I don’t believe any of the ME3’s in flight service (good or bad) is representative of the traditional Qatari hospitality. Why? Because none of the local women are allowed to apply for FA jobs. All of the ME3’s FAs (at least women) are from outside the Middle East. So if the service has been good, it’s probably down to picking the right candidate who’s customer oriented, and of course, I know that QR invests in more training than their counterparts. Mind you, the punishment is also more severe than EK and EY for truant FAs.

TerryBuchanan
    Participant

I’ve heard QR crew are ” on a leash” and pistol whipped if they stray to put it bluntly,but all those I a know who fly QR say this is codswallop and that the crew are very happy with their jobs and have a life outside of the airline unlike reports that they don’t ?!

rodders
    Participant

TerryBuchanan
    I have heard the same re the rules under which the QR flight attendants work, an airline that is desperate need to let its identity show……..
    I do know that in homes around the Gulf hospitality is excellent, warm and very friendly, I am not sure dates and coffee are sufficient.
    Lets see what tomorrow’s flights bring.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I’m fairly sure that the lady who heads up cabin crew training at QR was poached from SQ.

TerryBuchanan
    Participant

As per Stewie Griffin from Family Guy..what the deuce ?!

http://www.itfglobal.org/press-area/index.cfm/pressdetail/9707

SimonS1
    Participant

MarkivJ – “none of the local women are allowed to apply for FA jobs”

Complete nonsense. Whilst it may not be the norm culturally both EK and EY have had Emirati FAs for some time and women are free to apply. In fact there have been efforts to increase numbers.

Do try a bit of Google before perpetuating such myths….

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/society/first-emirati-woman-cabin-crew-recounts-how-she-grew-wings-1.1030372

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/general/etihad-welcomes-first-emirati-cabin-crew-member-1.697748

TerryBuchanan
    Participant

I can’t imagine if the crew are treated with an iron fist as described,that they would be able to deliver such great service.

MarkivJ
    Participant

SimonS1, those articles are the myths just to counterbalance the criticism these MEB3 receive on hiring local women. The so-called “emirati women” they’ve hired are usually Ethiopian and Pakistani women settled in the UAE.

SimonS1
    Participant

MarkivJ – flap around all you like but there is no ban on the airlines hiring local women. Not that long ago there was a campaign by one of them (EY I think) to hire more as a means of addressing local unemployment.

As I said it may not be custom and practice but it is certainly allowed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls