CX New Biz Class Seat Roll Out

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

dsatrio
    Participant

Flying soon from HKG to JFK and back on CX 888 and CX889, both legs on B777-300ER
    Does anyone know if they are using the new biz class on these routes? I tried to check on their website and with the travel agent, but was not too successful.
    On which routes have CX rolled out the new biz class seats?

first_class_please
    Participant

I believe it is on all these planes. If you check the seat map and business is 1-2-1 then that’s the new layout / seat.

The 1-1-1 was the old “coffin” seat.

Travelled new business on the HKG-SYD route recently, so much better than before.

Enjoy.

nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

all the HKG-JFK flights are now the new BIz class seats, i just came back.
    check the seating map. here’s how u can tell the diff. On the new configuration, the last row is 26 and there’s 4 seats in that row. The old Biz class, the last row is 27 but only has the 2 window seats in that row.
    i just tried the new seat, think its the best lie flat seat out there. w loads of personal space and long comfortable bed. well done cathay.

dsatrio
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys.
    Although I’ve not had the ‘pleasure’ of testing the old long haul product, I’ve read enough to be worried. Glad to hear that it’s the new biz class seats on these routes. Look forward to it.. 🙂

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

If you go to the CX website and key in your dates/ destination etc the new business class is on aircrfaft designated ’77D’

Bullfrog
    Participant

As I posted a while back … new CX Business seat is iMHO a notch or two behind BA New First in terms of seat / bed.

nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

i agree, its the best biz class seat i feel.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I would say the new CX C seat is several notches ahead of the new BA F seat.

nathanBAGOLD
    Participant

Cathay really did a great job on their new biz class seat. anything more and its First class. BTW…. i have flown Cathay first class. I personally prefer it to SQ’s or Emirates suites. Its the widest seat in the air, i can stretch my arm out all the way without my finger tips even touching the wall that surrounds the seat.

jpmarcel
    Participant

While I haven’t experienced Cathay seat myself, I see it is from the same manufacturer as (please don’t be shocked) USAirways new EnvoyClass which I experienced a few months ago. I can say that I was greatly surprised by USAirways offering a seat with such a high level of comfort. I confirm what you all say, this is a great seat, great layout, good sleep. I was a big fan of VS herringbone seat until I tried this one. And then, 1 week ago, I tried Oman Air Business Class. Now this is a real Biz seat that is as comfortable as a F one, and even more if you compare it to the likes of any US or EU airline. Add to this a wonderful and very attentive service, great catering and good beverage offering. My advise to you all here in the forum, Oman Air is definetly worth the try ! Just for information, I got my seat for CDG-MCT-BKK return for 1850 € (around £1600).

ivornomates
    Participant

go to flyertalk cathay section for full details, too many people hope they will get it and then moan when the pane gets switched.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@jpmarcel

“If ever an airline’s business class product was the incentive to visit a great holiday destination .. Oman Air”.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Bullfrog: I don’t need Oman Air seats to seduce me to Oman as it is the best place in the Gulf for cultural heritage experience!

Have said that I wouldn’t mind playing the Sultan insteas of the lat Emperor of China!

Love the stuffed dates with strong after dinner coffee!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Does anyone know if all London-HKG on 777 with Cathay is new or old business. Specifically CX 250?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls