COVID PCR tests

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=1088480]While hard to do with the PLF forms – there is a lot of fraud happening with Covid Tests being used by passengers. They’re not hard to fake and there is no global certification program that can show your test is bona fide as far as I’m aware? Seems any piece of paper with the words RESULT: NEGATIVE and a date will do. Anyone else with thoughts or experience on how this is monitored?[/quote]

Definitely. Personally, I feel the biggest loophole is the mail order services. No one actually checks that the person on the ‘fit to fly certificate’ is the same person who has taken the test. I personally know someone who was worried they would still return a positive result 6wks after having COVID (DNA fragments can last for up to 90 days and still show as positive in a PCR test despite the virus not being active). She ordered a mail order test kit, had a friend take the test for him (who had tested positive for COVID further in the past) and returned the sample. Received a negative result on her certificate that evening.

On a totally separate issue – the UK Test for entry to UK COVID test. What a JOKE. It is now Wednesday evening, the system starts Friday morning and still no OFFICAL guidance on the details – what type of test do I need? Will a rapid test be accepted? Ridiculous.

JollyFlyer
    Participant

An update was published earlier today.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Finally some guidance! It looks like implementation is delayed until the 18th as I had been reading it was due to come in on the 15th.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=1088581]On a totally separate issue – the UK Test for entry to UK COVID test. What a JOKE. It is now Wednesday evening, the system starts Friday morning and still no OFFICAL guidance on the details – what type of test do I need? Will a rapid test be accepted? Ridiculous.[/quote]

The official guidance was published yesterday.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls