COVID PCR tests

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Peter
    Participant

My daughter is flying to Dublin, via Amsterdam next Tuesday. ..Got an email from KLM today that seems to suggest she needs a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the flight. Then though it gives a safe list of departure countries not requiring a test. China is included, but only if it lifts entry requirements for European travellers. This seems political rather than medical. Long story but has anyone flown this route in the last week? Needless to say there’s no phone number to call locally. Thank you

EU_Flyer
    Participant

If your daughter’s final destination is Ireland then she should follow the requirements of that state.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

If KLM requires passengers to hold a PCR test to travel on it’s flights – then she should ideally get one anyway if there is any doubt. There is nothing worse than getting to the check in or the gate and being denied boarding due to a lack of a test.

Safe travels and happy new year

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=1087054]If your daughter’s final destination is Ireland then she should follow the requirements of that state.[/quote]

She should follow the rules of NL as well or she will not board the plane. Covid test required <72 hours pre departure whether or not Amsterdam is a transit.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Sweden denied entry to eight passengers from the UK who arrived in Vasteras on January 1.

They lacked the required negative Covid-19 tests.

Report is from thelocal.se

https://www.thelocal.se/20210103/passengers-from-uk-arriving-into-sweden-without-covid-tests-are-refused-entry?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Johnnyg
    Participant

This on Sky news at 18:00 today.

jenna

If anyone was wondering I just landed @HeathrowAirport – not one person looked at my locator form, no temperature checks, no hand sanitizer in several of the dispensers I tried. No mention of the track and trace app anywhere. In Bahrain even supermarkets had these basics set up.
    ———
    I thought LHR was clamping down on arriving passengers.

ghlotus
    Participant

Greetings from Paris. Friends from Greece, Spain and Portugal arrived at CDG and ORY last week. Passport control required for all passengers, but no checks on COVID tests at either airport.

ASK1945
    Participant

ghlotus – why was there passport control at CDG and ORY for these passengers when they were arriving within Shengen? I thought that it was only necessary to have some sort of ID when boarding the aircraft, but not subsequently.

ghlotus
    Participant

Definitely passport (or EU ID proof) on arrival at both airports! Normal Shengen agreements have been suspended even before COVID.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thelocal.se reporting another case when a number of UK-originating passengers were denied entry to Gothenburg.

The flight had arrived from Manchester.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

The Gothenburg incident happened late yesterday. The travellers in question lacked the Covid-19 tests.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Why on earth are passengers travelling from tier 4 addresses, being allowed to enter the airport (or even being checked, why they are travelling), never mind board a flight. Come on UK, at least enforce the rules you are implementing…. otherwise why bother.

6 users thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=1087062]She should follow the rules of NL as well or she will not board the plane. Covid test required <72 hours pre departure whether or not Amsterdam is a transit.[/quote]

Yes indeed. I think that was clear in my post?

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Can we assume that the brilliant Grant Chaps has let the airlines know what certificate will be needed for entry into the UK after next week and has also given the airlines information as to which agencies in all the countries around the world will be able to provide the necessary certification to enable passengers to board the planes…. are we not lucky to have such a clued in government… LMAO

EU_Flyer
    Participant

While hard to do with the PLF forms – there is a lot of fraud happening with Covid Tests being used by passengers. They’re not hard to fake and there is no global certification program that can show your test is bona fide as far as I’m aware? Seems any piece of paper with the words RESULT: NEGATIVE and a date will do. Anyone else with thoughts or experience on how this is monitored?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=1087447]

ORY have done this on flights from LIs on TP for a long time. I guess it is because of connecting traffic from Africa America and South America.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls