Cool new tool from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

• TiredOldHack
    Participant

please_turn_left: yes, nice idea.

Would some of the heavy travellers care to share their stats?

I mean, I’m Gold, but that’s simply done by just three or four long-haul flights in J per year. I’d love to know who spends a huge amount of time in the air.

Cloud-9
    Participant

Fun but disappointing that all oneworld flights are not included. Many countries are not covered by BA – hence airline partners. However, I am sure my teenage son will like it!

FFava22
    Participant

Now that at last BA can track all your past activity, it could be great to produce a statistic of most FF with BA. As my flightpath shows that I spent 107 days in the air, visited 60 cities and 32 Countries since 1994, had someone done any better with BA?

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I don’t really see the need for other oneworld carriers, but maybe they’ll add that functionality in future.

It’s impressive how BA is using Social Media in innovative ways:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/my-flight-path/execclub/_gf/en_gb?

KarlMarx
    Participant

It would be better if British Airways devoted their resources to making ba.com work reliably.

Fixing the rewards flight availability explorer, so that it is useful, would be a good starting point.

openfly
    Participant

My record of flights is totally inaccurate. Lots missing and you can’t request them to be checked and added. So, if there are inaccuracies what is the point of this?! I suppose it kept a work-experience individual happy.

esselle
    Participant

When BA created Lifetime Tier Points, they mysteriously had me joining in August 2000, when I was actually resident in New York. They could not track me back to the late 1980’s, which is when I had actually joined, and only accepted my version of events when I provided them with some “documentary proof” (their words) of my membership. They have now got it about right on the Tier Points.

Imagine my surprise when they launched the My Flight thingy, to discover I had only been tracked since 2000.

I am now back in debate with them, and have again been asked for “proof”……………..

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Do you retain all your BPs?

dutchyankee
    Participant

I love the new tool, and it is a great way to remember so many past trips. Great fun!

esselle
    Participant

No, I don’t keep my BPs, although I did over a number of years when I was non-resident for UK tax.

It is just a question of BA going over the old EC membership numbers (UK, then US, then back to UK), again………

SergeantMajor
    Participant

That’s interesting, I’ll have to check my periods of non-residence to ensure they’ve fully tracked.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls