Cool new tool from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

SergeantMajor – 26/03/2014 11:25 GMT
    More innovation from BA as their £5bn investment programme really gets into its stride.

Nice idea….do come back to us when it works.

BigDog.
    Participant

Lugano – it is innovative wrt the main UK players if Easy and Ryan haven’t done it yet. Methinks minimising execution problems are their priority.

esselle
    Participant

Could they be persuaded to put a Pacman or Angry Birds game on their website? That really would be innovative.

BigDog.
    Participant

Esselle – if they installed Candy Crush they would secure Martyn’s life long allegiance.

Senator
    Participant

As LuganoPirate mentioned, Miles & More has had this feature for a while. Unfortunately, it is not working for me.

Assuming this new feature is coming from the above-mentioned £5b investments, I would encourage BA to spend t its money to fix core features firstly before adding more functionality to its web site.

In the past six months, neither I nor about ten other people I know have been able to complete the upgrade for cash transaction in Manage My Booking (MMB) on simple ARN-LHR or LHR-ARN bookings. Each time it has required a call to Bremen to fix this, which is of course costly for BA since each of these are about £60 a pop in incremental revenue.

So my suggestion would be to enable seamless execution of current features before turning on new features.

1nfrequent
    Participant

In terms of IT innovation, I’d have preferred it had they worked on their Avios redemption tool to make it easy to book open jaw tickets.

1F

Tim2soza
    Participant

Fun, but I’d prefer to have BAEC / AAdvantage integration, especially on the mobile apps, and also the ability to redeem Avios!

esselle
    Participant

Seems the Candy Crush IPO got off to a bad start.

Apparently I have been to Myrtle Beach. Can’t remember a thing about that trip.

pheighdough
    Participant

I seem to have made a few trips TO London… I always thought I started there. Seems like it gets confused on day trips.

Although it is a really rather cool geek tool, plus my better half like to see where she’s been. Which is nice.

pdwtrip
    Participant

Got to say I love the feature – back to 1991 when I joined EC – a quick browse brought back lot’s of memories – some good – some not so good; for all those trips for both business and pleasure.
    Be great to have such a feature to add the non BA flights.
    I guess that sounds a bit sad – but the reality is most of the memories are really postive and it’s great to remember them.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve had trips I can’t remember a thing about as well Alexpo! 😉

TiredOldHack
    Participant

BigDog – this is hardly news….. People have been using cookies for tracking for well over a decade now.

How you *use* the tool is a different matter.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I had a play with it. It’s fun.

NNoah16
    Participant

Cool tool indeed. Shows practical use of big data; here historical exec club data.
    However, lufthansa miles and more have a similar tool that has been available for many years.
    Good, innovative but a bit late to the game BA 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls