Concorde Room

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

• Anonymous

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I am preparing for my F flight with BA next week and need some info. I have read about a secret door to the right of security that leads to the Concorde Room, saving me from having to walk all the way around. Is it obvious which door this is? I don´t want to be trying to act all sophisticated and end up walking into the broom cupboard!

Also, what Champagnes are on offer. Is it the same as on board i.e. Grand Siecle or are there other options?

TominScotland
    Participant

I don’t think it is very secret, FCW. You go through South Security and there it is, along with a very visible BA desk, to your immediate right!!

Gold-2K
    Participant

Very obvious. Go through security close to zone J and there is a double door immediately to the right of where you pick your bags off the security conveyor. There will be a BA member of staff at the door turning away the “unclean” !! You can’t miss it.

Tim2soza
    Participant

And if you miss it, go to the Elemis spa and look to the right. There is another way in, although it is a longer walk. Allow 10 mins to B gates and 15 to C.

Gold-2K
    Participant

…. and if you would like a free session at the Elemis Spa, best to prebook it by following the “You First” link in your reservation on Manage my booking.

Andrew66
    Participant

Hi FCW , after you have checked in at the First desk the security lanes near that mean that you are only about 20 yds from the door , it s clearly visible and when we arrived there we were greeted by 2 people on the door welcoming us , I found all the staff smiling , helpful and it was a very relaxed atmosphere , you can sit at the bar or be served while on the sofas , I think and stand corrected but if you venture into the F lounge as you look right there is a champagne bar there too .
    We really enjoyed the CCR , I’m sure you will too , as Gold 2k said , contact You First if you want to book a spa treatment , we booked the massage chairs and they are fantastic . Have a great time !!!

Hi FCW

If the service is as good as in the CCR at JFK, then you are in for a real treat. Enjoy!

DoorsToManual
    Participant

…but remember the Food Standards Agency only awarded it a 2 out of 5. There’s a ‘dodgy’ kebab shop in Acton with a 4, maybe pop there first.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@Alexpo1

+1, excellent at JFK

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to it.

CharlesRhona
    Participant

But once you have tried the CCR feel free to go and try out the F Lounge. I actually prefer it to the CCR as there is more to see and do, particularly where it is situated looking out to the runway.

dutchyankee
    Participant

+1 charlesRhona, I also prefer the First lounge at T5 as it is more amicable and less stuffy (I prefer pouring my own bubbly than having to order each time). The CCR comes into its own, however, when the First lounge is over flowing busy, then the CCR is heaven!

Tallinnman
    Participant

Relaxing on the terrace of the CCR (particularly when quiet) is well, very relaxing. Furniture looking a bit tatty though.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Certainly worth lounge surfing; do ensure you call YouFirst for your Spa appointment and/or cabana booking:

http://www.holiday-savers.com/travel/youfirst/public/en_gb#

Save some space for the Concorde Roast.

This link sets out the sort of slop you can expect:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21770325-post131.html

Furniture (thankfully) being refreshed this spring.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls