Concorde Room

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

I concur, David. And with ski gear (lots of winter clothing, snow boots, and so forth) hand luggage only was not an option. We did split clothing between the bags, but you can’t split things like snow boots!

Sorry for the thread drift…

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I’m not worried by the thread drift Ian …. I am likely never to get into the Concorde room but will certainly suffer lost baggage again.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I just received an email from BA agreeing to reimburse my expenses in full, with a very standard-form apology for the screw-up and the delay in responding. Given the size of the claim (somewhere north of EUR750) I had been half-expecting a bit of a fight, but then I had meticulously kept, and provided them with scanned copies of, all the receipts – and had kept note of what I purchased and when, and of the changing weather which meant that I had to buy some more expensive items on the third day – so perhaps they realised it wasn’t worth trying to nickel-and-dime me about the claim. I do expect to incur some foreign exchange losses since the euro-denominated expenses were charged to my HKD credit card, and they are reimbursing the EUR amount to my HKD account in HK (I don’t have any EUR accounts) but I am prepared to shrug that off.

Anyway, the upshot is that although I don’t feel unduly aggrieved given the full reimbursement, I must confess to feeling somewhat disappointed that they didn’t add anything in to compensate for the considerable inconvenience which this caused. I lost a day of ski-ing, had to chase constantly in order to get any information about what was happening, and had the hassle of having to make three shopping trips (one a day over three days). Given that they seem to throw Avios willy-nilly at any passenger who suffers the slightest inconvenience on board, I had rather thought they might make some sort of goodwill gesture – especially given the fact that they screwed up baggage delivery on three out of four sectors and we only made a claim in respect of this one event where we really had no choice but to purchase clothing and toiletries.

Ah well…

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls