Club World.. Montreal to Heathrow.. & food update.

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

different things to different people – but the risotto certainly hit the spot for me.

Thanks HC.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Beetroot & horseradish risotto with ruby chard.

The chef’s info sheet unfortunately doesn’t give too much away, instead it goes into great detail on what a beetroot is. (!!??!!!)
    Did you know “a large proportion of the commercial production is processed into boiled and sterilised beets or into pickles.”
    Fascinating.
    But nothing regards to the ingredients I’m afraid. Will have to be trial and error for Mrs.S. I’m sure it will taste even better cooked by the wife.
    For a quiet life, everything always does!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

HonestCrew, i presume that menu for BA10 will be different for next week than the BA 9 for last week??

Many thanks for trying anyway….

HonestCrew
    Participant

Afraid so Martyn. Beetroot spectacular only out of LHR and possibly those stations where we carry the return flight’s catering out in the aircraft hold.
    I haven’t been to BKK for a while but from what I remember the catering was ok……. famous last words….
    Cheers.

VintageKrug
    Participant

“HonestCrew, i presume that menu for BA10 will be different for next week than the BA 9 for last week??”

I was speaking to the Gate Gourmet chappie at a BA Event about this; it can be rather dull if your commuting longhaul to only have the menus varied every month.

They are trying to get more variety in, with “Specials of the Week” being suggested, but the menus are planned months in advance to assure the supply chain (which as you can imagine is especially complex) so this will be a while coming if indeed it does happen.

If you fancy a change, just have a look in the Club Kitchen; the soups as ever are very good (Covent Garden on my last run) and the pasta dishes are palatable if heated up.

Ordering a Special Meal is another option, but that eliminates your upgrade potential.

I’ve flown out of Bangkok recently on BA, Qantas, Thai and an entertaining jaunt on Air Asia X and on flights where catering was offered, the repast was average, thankfully most were night flights and I wasn’t particularly hungry.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Do BA carry butlers by chance?

The food out of BKK is usually good. I was just taken by this one particular dish. Extremely tasty

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn perhaps Mrs S can adapt the recipe like swap out the sour cream for horseradish? good luck 🙂 xx

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12278/creamy-beetroot-risotto

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thank you Becky, most kind. I may ask the chef at the hotel to try, but there again, in BKK, I have a far wider range of foods and delicacies to choose from, so I shall email Mrs S and see what the response is………….

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls