Christmas Cheer

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

As we come to the end of another year, my principal thought is where has the time gone! As my age increases, the passing years seem proportionately shorter!

The forum has lost some wonderful contributors this year, and I will be raising a glass to their memory.

However the festive season is upon us, and as with many others, my family eagerly await the visit of a certain Mr.S.Claus. As do I, it must be said too.

Last week, however, on a cold frosty morning I sat in my car awaiting the arrival of a recovery vehicle (feeling decidedly sorry for myself), I noticed a newly arrived email…..from the exquisite St.Ermin’s Hotel in London informing my that I had won a two night stay courtesy of Seatplans.

It is always nice to win a prize, especially on Seatplans where the standard of reviews is consistently very high. However, on this particular maorning, it really made my day.

I would like to sincerely thank Tom and his team for bringing a sparkle to an otherwise dire morning.

I would like to wish everybody a very safe and peaceful holiday, and safe travels in 2018.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Congratulations, and seasons greatings to you and all contributors, and all the BT staff too.
    Safe travels in 2018,so use an A340,A350 or A380,so far the safest aircraft in the sky, after Santa’s sleigh ofcourse!

capetonianm
    Participant

Warm wishes to one and all.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Indeed, a Peaceful and perhaps a “Travel Free ” period of rest to one and all. Many thanks to the BT Team, and though the forum is not what it used to be some years ago, it is certainly more peaceful!

Let us all hope, that in Santa’s sack this year, there are no more BOB Rollouts, fewer adjustments to our FFP benefits, and innovations and not cuts in his hidden parcels!

New year 2018 brings Flying Blue’s FFP Revamp changes in April, so wise words to spend your miles before the value of them is cut!

Marcus

canucklad
    Participant

Firstly congratulations to you Pat and enjoy your prize, no doubt you’ll be using EI’s great service to get you there : )

Secondly, ditto Pat’s sentiments about those who’ve left us this year, I’ll raise a glass too, probably a dram of my current favourite tipple….a 12 year old IPA casked Glenfiddich, smoother than a Luther Vandross love song. .

Finally , and from a very mild and sunny festival city, I wish you all, including the BT staff for all their hard work, a very Merry Christmas and I hope that your Ghristmas cheer glass is always topped up ( drink responsibly, well within reason) and Santa empties his sack down your ol’ chimney.

Mostly enjoy your time off with the family and friends ….

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have previously won a couple of stays at St. Ermin’s (yes, two!) and thoroughly enjoyed both. It’s a lovely hotel so I can’t work out why they have to keep giving rooms away! So enjoy your stay, Pat, as I am sure you will. They have some rather superb cocktails, btw, and anything involving honey will be from their own beehives.

To all my other friends on here (even though I still haven’t formally met any of you!) I wish the very best of the festive season and very best wishes for a happy new year!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just about to embark on my last 4 flights of the year, back home from Asia. 2017 has been good year, 2018 will be a better year with several changes afoot. Met some amazing people along the way and I still have the excitement for life, business and pleasure that I thrive on. Everyday, brings something new.

I find the Forum a far better place these days, quality over quantity.. met some posters in a few countries and airport lounges… with a little more Forum security/recourse, we could arrange many more social meet ups (for those that want). Never met a boring or untrustworthy poster yet..

IanfroHKG, I will be in the Pier (or the wing) in a couple of hours, in the event you are travelling today.

My Christmas and New Year wish…. people stop killing each other and more is invested in medical research, so we can all live longer and sweeter.

For those that have to work over the holidays, thank you and for those that are turning off… enjoy…

Happy Christmas, Happy New Year and for those that don’t celebrate anything – enjoy the holidays…

K1ngston
    Participant

I echo many of the points raised especially by Martyn, I have been lucky to meet a few contributors both in the UK and recently in Bangkok and had an excellent time at both venues, I was married in 2017 and for you that know me, that was many years in the making so looking forward to 2018

I am raising a glass to you all have a superb Xmas wherever you are celebrating and a Peaceful, Prosperous and Healthy New Year…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Merry Christmas, everyone.

esselle
    Participant

My last flight was back home from ARN on Wednesday; nothing in the diary now business wise until mid January when its 24 hours in Doha for a board meeting.

A peaceful and happy Christmas to all, and good health in 2018.

transtraxman
    Participant

I do not travel nearly as much as I used to so cannot contribute as much as I would like. That said it takes nothing away from my regards for you all on the forum and at BT.
    All the best wishes of the season and for the New Year 2018. Zorionak eta Urte Berri On.

capetonianm
    Participant

I see you have something in common with Mr. Cruz. As it’s the season of goodwill, and BA haven’t to my knowledge stuffed up people’s Christmas yet, and I sincerely hope they won’t, I’ll say no more.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas.

Having been made redundant recently, I’m pleased to say that I will begin 2018 in a new position as Sales Director for a UK based manufacturing company.

This will mean much less travel for yours truly but, maybe it’s not such a bad thing after so many years of globe trotting coupled with the fact that I’m certainly not getting any younger 😉

Cheers to all.

ST

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2018.
    Safe travels to one and all.
    LP.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=843276]Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas.
    Having been made redundant recently, I’m pleased to say that I will begin 2018 in a new position as Sales Director for a UK based manufacturing company.
    This will mean much less travel for yours truly but, maybe it’s not such a bad thing after so many years of globe trotting coupled with the fact that I’m certainly not getting any younger ?
    Cheers to all.
    ST
    [/quote]

What a nice Xmas present 🙂 – I hope it goes really well, but please do keep posting on here – you’ve been missed, of late 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls