Christmas Cheer

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=843306]

Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas. Having been made redundant recently, I’m pleased to say that I will begin 2018 in a new position as Sales Director for a UK based manufacturing company. This will mean much less travel for yours truly but, maybe it’s not such a bad thing after so many years of globe trotting coupled with the fact that I’m certainly not getting any younger ? Cheers to all. ST

What a nice Xmas present ? – I hope it goes really well, but please do keep posting on here – you’ve been missed, of late ?
    [/quote]

What a nice thing to say 🙂
    Thank you.

I will be headed to the US and Canada at the end of February but it looks like it’s no more BA for me (The new company are very anti-BA for some reason) which is actually a shame because it will mean losing the GGL card which I have found to be a very useful asset when dealing with BA in the past.
    Still…..onwards and upwards 😉
    ST

K1ngston
    Participant

Congrats on the new role that is indeed a great Xmas present and will allow you to enjoy the festive period. Delighted for you ST

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=843306]

Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas. Having been made redundant recently, I’m pleased to say that I will begin 2018 in a new position as Sales Director for a UK based manufacturing company. This will mean much less travel for yours truly but, maybe it’s not such a bad thing after so many years of globe trotting coupled with the fact that I’m certainly not getting any younger ? Cheers to all. ST

What a nice Xmas present ? – I hope it goes really well, but please do keep posting on here – you’ve been missed, of late ?
    [/quote]

+1 seasonedtraveller – let us hope that you are happier in this role than your last despite the drop in travel – that is certainly what happened to me! My own redundancy (in 2014) led to a role with zero business travel, much less money, yet a very much happier me. I wouldn’t go back, even if they doubled the money! I hope you are as happy in your new role as I am in mine

Ian

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

+1 seasonedtraveller – let us hope that you are happier in this role than your last despite the drop in travel – that is certainly what happened to me! My own redundancy (in 2014) led to a role with zero business travel, much less money, yet a very much happier me. I wouldn’t go back, even if they doubled the money! I hope you are as happy in your new role as I am in mine
    Ian
    [/quote]

Thank you Ian.

It’s quite a strange feeling, one that I find difficult to sum up but, I am finding it difficult to come to terms with the sudden loss of ‘status within the travel sector (I know this will sound very odd to some on here but I’ve got very used to the perks that come with lot’s of travel like the CCR card & upgrade vouchers for example).

I was able to maintain top tier at Marriott, Starwood, Hilton and Carlson at the same time but, all these will now go…
    Also Star Gold for many years (was Sabena Travel-Club level when it existed & BMI Gold holder prior to Star Alliance) – this will also disappear rapidly…

Was hoping to maintain GGL or even Gold with BA (since they connect to LBA it’s been quite convenient to use BA) because I will be covering North America but sadly, BA appear to be hated by our MD.

Having said all that, I look forward to joining a predominantly young (except me) and enthusiastic team in a much smaller company than I’ve been used to since 1989.
    The new company is very much Chemistry led – a subject about which I know bugger all 😉
    Happy 2018 everyone!!
    ST

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls