Cheapo tickets not so cheapo

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

For comparison, BA charges £109 rtn incl tax and bags plus a free bar plus 100% BA Miles on the LGW-JER route for a flight next Friday, returning Saturday.

Deleted User
    Participant

this newbie has casued some confusion, apologies. Thanks for the BA option but I didnt fancy the swim over to Guernsey. My destination was Guernsey, i just happened to experience a LON-JER sector as part of the trip.

ivornomates
    Participant

Is it me or is Vintagekrug, every post he makes is as if it is a sin not to fly BA, you fail to forget Mr VK that not everyone on here is within a cocks stride of LHR or LGW and BA frankly dont serve the rest of the UK unless you want to fly to London. There are tons of better than BA airlines offering service to non London based flyers, such as Air Berlin, Easyjest, Flybe who have taken tons of business on ex MAN flights as BA pulled out, and these are to name only a few

VintageKrug
    Participant

And if you check you will see that BA has a significant shareholding in flybe…..

ivornomates
    Participant

what relevance is this to the topic

NTarrant
    Participant

Proliteboss, I think you will find that it is you that feels VK makes it a sin not to fly BA. I certainly don’t see him saying that.

Deleted User
    Participant

meanwhile, I am still wondering for the future whether to swim over to Guernsey after enjoying CE on BA or taking Flybe (partly owend by BA, but no BA airmiles or tier points) Island hopping to Guernsey!!

Age_of_Reason
    Participant

Tarrant/Prolite/VK I know exactly what Prolite is referring to – even helpful suggestions regarding BA performance, service etc are put down as if irrelevant.

Burchardt – in the ‘good old days’ (mid80s) there was Aurigny Airlines who used to fly Cherbourg-Guernsey (inter alia) at a price which made Southampton-Guernsey-Cherbourg economic. Where are they now?

Deleted User
    Participant

yes, i can confirm that I did see Aurigny Airlines aircraft on the ground in Guernsey.

Regards

Charles

NTarrant
    Participant

Aurigny fly GCI-SOU and LGW plus a few places to/from JER as well as inter-island services between ACI/GCI and JER. Once upon a time they only flew SOU-ACI and inter island. They also once operated the only scheduled flight out of Shoreham (Brighton) to ACI.

Blue Island competes with Aurigny between JER and GCI and with Flybe between SOU and JER/GCI. Blue Island are quite good, but have never flown Aurigny. Of course BA don’t fly these routes so you might be better off swimming or rowing

TominScotland
    Participant

As I have said already on this site, I am a frequent user of Ryanair, not always from choice but of necessity in that they are frequently the only operator offering direct services to where I need to go. Case in point – Scotland to Malta where I was working for the past 10 days. Air Malta used to offer this route from GLA but now the only option is EDI to Malta with FR. This was my first “long-haul” trip with FR and arrival on both legs was about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. For about £120 return, the flight represented good value and the pay-for catering is far better than the “free” service offered by most airlines in short-haul economy. My main gripe? On a 3 hours 45 minutes flight, the cabin crew would not let us in peace – constant selling of food, scratch cards, phone cards, substitute cigarettes, condoms (not quite but I was waiting for it!!) combined with incessant loud announcements made both work and sleep options challenging.

My work involved spending quite alot of time with Air Malta staff – an airline teetering on the brink of major restructuring/ takeover/ elimination – and the FR word is as close you can get to swearing in what is otherwise such a polite society…….

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls