Cathay Pacific Business Class question

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• dsatrio
    Participant

I have to agree with MReedGB’s comment. I am NOT a fan of CX’s regional product, especially when I have to fly red-eye, like CGK-HKG route. However, for a short hop during the day, the good service makes up for it.

angus45
    Participant

I flew down from HKG to BKK last Saturday. I was rather underwhelmed after the long haul from LAX. The flight was operated by an extremely old 777-200 with the original regional seating. The seats were tatty and the In flight entertainment and screen a waste of time. Normally the service is very reliable but I am afraid it was definitely sub-par as well on this occasion.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I think the 772s are yet to be upgraded and are old and a bit tatty. If I’m on CX I try to look for A330 services when I have a choice, the old ones are OK, the new ones very good and of course you stand a fair chance of getting a long haul one with the new C seats.

rferguson
    Participant

You could always make a ‘dummy booking’ on cathaypacific.com to find out the config. The Cathay site allows you to choose your seat before you get to the payment page.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have to disagree with Pds1205 and dsatrio. I find the new regional seats very comfortable (although like dsatrio I wouldn’t want to fly them overnight). The main drawback is that the tray tables are very wobbly when fully extended – so although so far I haven’t had to try to work on one of these aircraft, I think it would be a pain for someone trying to use a laptop

donkeyasia
    Participant

I fly BKK-MNL-HKG-BKK every week, in business class. No two weeks are the same aircraft type, but for US$904.00 including taxes, with a one year duration, no charges for flight changes and a stopover in HKG on the way back; this is unbeatable travel.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls