Cathay Pacific Business Class question

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

I have a trip coming up soon, flying HKG-SGN-HKG on Cathay Pacific in Business Class.

I assume this will be the regional Business Class product.

Does anyone have recent experience of such a flight? I’d like to know what people think. There are very few seat reviews for the regional product in BT so it’s hard to get much first hand knowledge.

esselle
    Participant

It is similar to what would have been considered a good long haul J seat in the early 90’s, but actually for a 3 or 4 hour flight, surprisingly comfortable.

Infidel
    Participant

All depends which flights you select. If it is the 744 you will get the coffin, fully flat beds. If it is a 777, normally the regional layout, selected 333’s have the new World’s Best Business class, look out on the seat map for the 333, row 11 to 21 and that will be the new fully flat business layout.

Binman62
    Participant

whichever seat you get you will get CX superb service and the time will “fly” by.

BA744fan
    Participant

Appreciate the feedback.

I’m on an Airbus A330-300 outbound and a 777-300 on the return.

Cathay website is unspecific as to exact version of each plane so I can’t tell which 333 it will be.

MReedGB
    Participant

..and that is one of the negative things I hate with CX..they still have to many variations of their regional seatings..the very old recliner which nowadays are pretty old and often PTV is not working in your seat followed by a recliner again but this time it has no recline at all(still remembers that 9 hour flight from DXB to HKG with that torture chair !!) and if you are lucky you will find the old full flat coffin seat or the new highly praised Internat. C seat…and by the way the new regional seat which is being implemented in the regional routes ..sorry for my sarcastic sound..but I do not like this new regional seat at all ! but which ever seat you will get, you are lucky as the flying time to SGN is not thal long…hope you’ll have good meal choices on board…often they are really good and of course the very attentive flight attendants..

HongKongLady
    Participant

Unfortunately at the present time Cathay has a few variations on short haul and a couple on long haul. You could give them a call and ask what configuration they are using on your flight. However be aware that Cathay is the king of plane changes so you may be told one type for it to change later.

Cloud-9
    Participant

I am also flying CX Club next week, but HKG/KUL/HKG. Aircraft are 777 and 330. However, like BA744fan, I have found the CX website to be ambiguous as to the layout. Does anybody know if there is a chance I will luck on on one of the WBBC seats on the return leg?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Whatever config you get on CX Regional C, be assured it will be far, far better than anything you might encounter as C in Europe where the latter will probably cost you far more money and the service will be a joke.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I had a look at the schedules. They do roster a variety on the HKG-SIN route! Almost as many to KUL.

747 and 343 are old long-haul business. 772 are regional business, 77W are new long-haul business. if that doesnt give you your answer, best bet is to go into the seat selection on Manage My Booking. Those for the WBBC are clearly shown in reverse herringbone layout. If you don’t have that, look at the overall seat configuration – if it is 1-1-1 or 1-2-1 you have old long-haul business, everything else is regional business

Either way, the seat is comfortable enough for a flight of that length, service is good. The big variable is AVOD since some of the regional planes don’t have it (still PTVs and a choice of programming, but not a great selection and not on-demand). However, even regional business class is a huge step up from Club Europe, for instance. You will get pre-take-off drinks, hot towels, hot meal (choice of two or three main courses) etc. There may well be someone next to you, but the seat will be similar to a domestic First seat in the US – large, well-padded, footrest or legrest, decent recline despite what MReedGB says, etc

If either of you get new regional business, please do a review!

Cloud-9
    Participant

Thanks for the Ian. I am unable to see the CX config as my flight is a BA codehare and I I therefore cannot access the CX website. I presume my son will be beside me! I think we are 15H/K (at least, that is what BA have told me). Here’s hoping….

Pds1205
    Participant

I just flew this route twice this month. The new regional business class seats are NOT comfortable. Cx still have one daily flight from HK to Sing with flat bed seats. Otherwise I suggest Singapore airlines. That is my future choice. No more new cx regional seats.

greats.greatp.
    Participant

Think OP is referring to SGN (Saigon/ Ho Chi Minh City).
    Most OP wl probably find he/she on a 343 Old LH Plane if my pass experience still applies but YMMV 😉

greats.greatp.
    Participant

HongKongLady:
    CX has 2 config for LH and 3 for short haul, 2 of which the short haul config (90s and 00s) are actually more or less the same in my opinion. Plus it seems to me that the re-config is going so fast that only 1 or 2 plane are left with 90s config.
    Compared to other airlines, such as KE and SQ, I found CX regional product consistency to be OK. As the 3 generation of regional seats are more or less the same. Though equipment swap can quite be a pain in the a**.
    MReedGB:
    Middle East flts are guaranteed with a LH equipment now. But I found those recliners are thickly padded enough for me to rest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls