BT forum posters’ 2nd meeting, London Thurs 15th July

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

Jim,

Whichever one is quickest to get to on foot or by tube from Mary the Good gets my vote – I’ll be gagging for a pint by then, after 2 hours on Chiltern!

Cheers,

Simon

PS The Dutch majority in my household aren’t chuffed with Psychic Paul’s predo of the result tomorrow!

PPS Heard that the Argentinian Government have sadly announced the loss of their entire World Cup squad, in a plane crash next Sunday (sorry!).

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Ok let’s go for the Coach and Horses, 5 Bruton Street W1J 6PT

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub401.php

It’s in Mayfair, roughly in the middle from Bond St, Oxford Circus, Green Park and Piccadilly Circus tube stations.

A business travel theme – ok chancing it a bit there, and the name of the pub that is, not the tube! – and close to the BT office in case any of the others can make it. Tom do we get a free beer for casually flashing the latest issue in a pub?

Slainte

Jim

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Ok, the venue sounds fine to me and i am really hoping to get there for drinks but dinner as well may prove too much for ma at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Just to keep it in the recent threads!..

Executive [club] summary;

This Thursday 15th

Meet 7pm at Coach and Horses, 5 Bruton Street W1J 6PT – roughly in the middle from Bond St, Oxford Circus, Green Park and Piccadilly Circus tube stations

Eating afterwards – majority rules! (Sorry Tam the Rapido fish bar is a bit far from Mayfair even for our private jets – and we can’t afford the pound to be dropped off either)

Look out for the July / August edition of BT being shamelessly brandished about the pub. Then confidently announce (or sing – baritone preferred) the time-honoured password “In the Galleries the Krug is always Vintage”

Any probs email me <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

You know you want to be there. iPads admitted (if accompanied by a forum poster).

JordanD
    Participant

Assuming I get away from current client commitments in Canary Wharf, I look forward to joining. Thanks for making it so easy to get to from here (Green Park is handy!).

Sorry we can’t make these drinks this time round. I hope you have an enjoyable evening, and we welcome any feedback about the magazine or website that arises from it.

Potakas
    Participant

Jim, Jonathan, Simon and the rest of you unfortunately i am not able to come. Have a great time and hopefully i’ll see you on the next meeting.

Regards,

Potakas

P.S. “In the Galleries the Krug is always Vintage”

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am sorry to not be able to watch NTarrant scoffing some delectable treats; perhaps he will bring along some of Mrs Tarrant’s “Primula Crudite Surprises” for you all to sample 😉

Alas I will be being schmoozed by BA on this particular evening. See you there, BT. I shall have my iPhone 4 with me!

PaulJennings
    Participant

Looking forward to tomorrow evening.

NTarrant
    Participant

Sorry you can’t make it VK, perhaps next time! Or did we pass each other at the BA AGM yesterday?

JordanD
    Participant

Apologies gents for missing last night – alas, client commitments at work precluded me leaving before 0100 local, so the pub was a long distant memory at that point.

Hope it was a good evening for all who were there.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed I was at the AGM.

Better biscuits than last year lead me to suggest that there are brighter days just around the corner….!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls