BT forum posters’ 2nd meeting, London Thurs 15th July

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• Anonymous

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Ok so far there’s me, Nigel Tarrant and Jonathan Cohen confirmed. Simon Rowberry and JordanD possibles. Waiting to hear back from Mark at BT. Not sure about the England football team…

Any preferences for a venue? – Needs to be a pub with beer (preferably real ale) this time and a bit quieter than the wine bar in Mayfair we were at in January. I’ll take a copy of BT for the table (assuming we get one!) so you know where to look!

Cheers

Jim

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello to all,

I am really ok with anywhere in the West End or near to that area. I do not drink alcohol so not worried about the where either. i will be happy to go with the majority.

Did we have a time in mind yet?

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible. thanks for taking the innitiative Jim!

Safe travels,

Jonathan

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Jim/Jonathan,

I should be able to make it this time. What do you do about eating?

Cheers,

Simon

Potakas
    Participant

I ll do my best to be there as i’ll probably be in Edinburgh this month.

Cheers,

Potakas

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Chaps,

I’m still up for it.

Regards, Simon

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I’m happy to go with the flow re eating or not, meeting time and venue – great leadership there eh. Mark at BT can’t make it.

Is anyone who is planning to attend tight for time – I’m not – and if so when and where would suit you best?

The issue of BT with Cape Town on the cover – least it’s not Bloemfontein – is in the bag for the table / bar! When you spot it, the password to say is “In the Galleries the Krug is always Vintage”…

SimonRowberry
    Participant

And the reply is “So the bubbles don’t leave air pockets.”

I should be able to get down from the sticks for around 18.30. Anywhere that is central and “norf of the rivah” is OK by me.

JoCo’s not well at the moment, but he called me today to say that he still intends to make it.

Cheers, Simon

PaulJennings
    Participant

Dear all,

I’d like to come along as well if that’s alright.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Of course, the more the better.

How about we plan to eat, and meet up in a convenient pub (any ideas?) for 7pm.

We should be able to get BT to circulate email addresses if not mobile numbers, but if not my work email address is in the public domain anyway so I’ll post it on the forum and you can email me with your mobile numbers; I’ve got Nigel’s and Jonathan’s already.

Cheers, Jim

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Folks,

That sound ideal. My email address is also in the public domain: <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected].

I don’t know whether you are working in London that day or travelling in. I’ll be coming into Marylebone by train, so I guess anywhere in Central London around 19.00 would suit me.

Eating would also be a good idea, if others are happy with that.

I’ll send Jonathan an sms to let him know we’re on the case.

Cheers, Simon

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Are we still on for next week, chaps?

Jim has contacted me (the old Progrocker!) and I’ve been in touch with JoCo.

Anyone else coming? Where and at what time are the other two questions that need to be answered.

Oh, and a third – will anyone from BT be there (don’t worry, we’ll buy YOU a drink this time!!).

Simon

PS Jim – in your first post you said “Not sure about the England football team.” Are they coming too? If so, I may have a few words with one or two…….

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello,

I am definitely up for it, helth permitting although I may be a bit of a lightweight and only spen an hour or so with you all.

Best regards,

Jonathan

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Good to hear JC. Still need Mr Bannerman to chose a venue.

I will make up your shortfall both in terms of the weight and the length of time spent at the event, so it’ll all even out over the (hopefully) many times we do this.

Happy travelling (and recovery)

Simon

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Venue options to meet, generally I think we’re looking around the west end. Here are (or were) the nominations for the pub of the year by the local CAMRA branch around that area – vote now or any other suggestions.

?Cask Pub and Kitchen, Charlwood Street, SW1

?Cleveland Arms, Chilworth Street, W2

?Coach and Horses, Bruton Street, W1

?Edgar Wallace, Essex Street, WC2

?Harp, Chandos Place, WC2 (Thought that was a lager – Ed!!)

If you’re intending to make it but get delayed email me at <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] – I’ll keep checking, or email me your phone number.

Whatever the venue, let’s say meet there at 7pm then we can agree on where to go to eat.

Now got the July / August issue of BT in the bag for the table / bar – remember the password (and it’s not Anna Chapman, although AnnChan will be accepted).

Mark and Felicity at BT can’t make it.

If an octopus can predict the winner of the World Cup then a tarantula on a plane can surely avoid paying to be dropped off at Edinburgh airport.

Look forward to more of the same on Thursday.

Cheers

Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls