Brussels to Calgary – any suggestions ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

Dear all,

I’m looking at the best way to fly Brussels to Calagary, Canada. Air Canada offer a service via Montreal which I’m tempted toward and Lufthansa offer a service via Frankfurt which has a long layover that puts me off. Anybody else done this trip and can offer suggestions ?

Thanks
    Charles

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Or go BA via LHR? they have a late afternoon flight that gets you in at around 8 in the evening 🙂
    xx

Charles-P
    Participant

BeckBoop, yes I saw and considered that but the return means a SEVEN (!) hour layover at LHR so I dismissed it.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Charles dont worry about the 7 hour wait if you fly CW (dont think they do First on that route) you can use the lounge get a spa treatment, have a drink, a meal, do some work, read or shop in the terminal… possibilitie are endless but time will fly by and much better value!!! 🙂 xxx

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

*A Brussels Airlines to LHR and then Air Canada, there’s about a four hour layover.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

4 hours in t3 will be hell for him!!! 😉 xx

Charles-P
    Participant

Becky – thanks but I will have been away from my wife for about ten days so ma keen to be home.

LPPSKrisflyer – thanks – I will look at that.

RichHI1
    Participant

Who wants to waste time a in a lounge?
    What about BA395 3.25pm arriving LHR 3.35pm connecting to BA103 dep 5.30pm arriving 7.55pm? 1 hour 55′ connection which should be comfortable for T5 transfers security.

Charles-P
    Participant

RichHI1 – good suggestion and I did think that was my choice however flight is full in all classes.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

You did not provide your date of travel …

But assuming KL operates on the day you want then what’s wrong with departing from AMS ?

Take the high-speed Thalys train direct to Schiphol.

In October, Thalys departs Brussels at 0850 to reach Schiphol at 1027. KL 677 departs Schiphol at 1230 and reaches Calgary at 1335.

Charles-P
    Participant

Thanks London City, not sure why I didn’t think of that myself as I use the Thalys train a couple of times a year – Doh !

Bucksnet
    Participant

Charles, how can any flight from Brussels on BA to anywhere else result in a 7 hour layover? BA have 6 flights every day, so you should not have to wait more than 3 hours.

Why not fly KLM from BRU and connect at AMS?

NTarrant
    Participant

Charles not sure where you get a seven hour layover at LHR. BA102 arrives LHR 1305 and BA398 to BRU departs 1550. As Bucksnet suggest no more than three hours.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls