British Airways is a Third World Airline

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Mr Michael

“some of its Airlines could teach the European flag carriers a thing or two”

Not if they’re defunct 🙂

MrMichael
    Participant

True FDOS true. The problem with Kingfisher was the service was better than people were willing to pay for. Perhaps the opposite of BA, but irrelevant of it having gone, it was a first world airline, unfortunately it failed to manage costs. A bit like LH & AF.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

On BBC radio this morning, the guy who set up Kingfisher Airways made a pile off the back of Kingfisher beer (much enjoyed at our local Curryrama… ) and then proceeded to lose the same plus some courtesy of Kingfisher Airways. Apparently, having jumped ship from India about a month ago, he is now holed-up in the UK (!) and the Indian government has revoked his Indian passport. Whatever happened to cutting down on immigration?!

I am unsure what this is teaching and to who.

Jomtien9
    Participant

The Kingfisher story brings to mind the following,

Q. How I can I make a small fortune in the drinks business?
    A. Start with a big fortune and buy a winery!

The dream of an idylic lifestyle growing grapes and making wine is far from the capital intensive, weather affect, cut throat competition and long lead time reality of owning a winery. I know !!

PS. my original comment of not flying 3rd world airlines, “like Egypt Air and BA” was meant tongue in cheek, but the target didn’t get the joke!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

@PS. my original comment of not flying 3rd world airlines, “like Egypt Air and BA” was meant tongue in cheek, but the target didn’t get the joke!@

Yeah, right.

Next time try adding 😉 to show your intent, or in other words I think you are trying to save face, as you made a d!ck of yourself.

MrMichael
    Participant

Just back to call centres for a moment here. Businesses such as Airlines do not want you phoning them, nor emailing them. They want you to book online, have no contact with them other than through their online systems, and to be able to “manage your booking” yourself. Any contact personally by you to them indicates either a failure by you or them. I have advised one of my clients not to improve their contact centre on the basis they should invest in improved online systems instead, negate the need for anyone to call.

crookieLondon
    Participant

British Airways a Third World Airline? All I can say is B**L**X

stevescoots
    Participant

BA is not a 3rd world airline, but does suffer 1st world problems, most of which have been done to death here

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ stevescoots – 26/04/2016 02:11 BST

+1

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Having had a quick look at the responses, the vast majority of posters agree that BA is not a ‘third world airline.’

Case closed.

Simon01
    Participant

BA are certainly not a third world carrier.
    Earlier this month flew First Syd/Lhr and a side trip to Jfk Also First.
    Could not fault.All flights on time and all arrived ahead of schedule.
    The crew very friendly and genuinly helpful and keen to do the best
    for their airline.
    I am amazed at the “bashing” they get via this column.
    To me they are up with the best.

Simon01
    Participant

Oh meant to mention flew Cx Business Syd/Hkg return late last week.
    Very average, crew older than I have experienced on Cathay previously.
    At best surely and not very interested in their job.

Flyerboy1
    Participant

Flew back from Tokyo hnd on Monday. I most certainly will not say BA is a 3rd class airline, I’m british and proud of our flag carrier, fantastic flight, crew were Brillant as my phone fell down between the seat and wall in first, managed to retrieve if for me, without moving the seat, nice service, I for one will remain flying with BA, hope they keep up the good work.

openfly
    Participant

@SimonS1 +1 Just flown back from CPT on BA, upstairs in Club. One of the best flights in years. The CSM was superb, as were the two crew working in the cabin….all a credit to BA, faultless.

Shame that the seat was broken…a frequent experience, but the CSM stuck by her words and when I checked my Exec Club account, just 4 hours after landing, the 50,000 Avios compensation for the problem seat had already been credited.

I have my moans about BA, but they are def not third world. It’s the inconsistencies in their service that hold them back. With a bit of thought BA could be excellent again….this flight proved that thought.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@openfly – how bad was the seat to justify a “pay day” of 50,000 avios?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls