Bringing tiers to my eyes.

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Cloud-9
    Participant

[quote quote=784680]I have just been looking to buy 2 tickets from Birmingham BHX to Kilimanjaro JRO, later in the year.

BA quote £6,480 for each person, using Qatar metal, whereas on the Qatar site the price for 2 tickets is £6,519, on exactly the same flights.

With the Qatar sale starting on monday, and presumably some better offers to come, what on earth are BA thinking upscaling their charges like this.

I guess when I book on the Qatar site, I will not receive avios and tier points, but they are just not worth that difference.

If you want your 4 qualifying BA flights to be on QR metal (an excellent idea) you must book via the BA site.

There, QR flights should be displayed with a BA flight number. These count as if you had flown on BA

mikewebley
    Participant

If you fly “one world” partners to get better seats & service, you obtain BA tiers points, but to get status once you collected all the points on other “one world” partners, you require 4 flights on BA, or BA flight numbers. eg LON to Dublin on Aer Lingus but booked under a BA flight number. BA domestic eg Glasgow / Edinburgh as a day return courts as 2 flights, cheap outside peak times !

Cloud-9
    Participant

@Kmcottrell

If you want your 4 qualifying BA flights to be on QR metal (an excellent idea) you must book via the BA site.

There, QR flights should be displayed with a BA flight number. These count as if you had flown on BA

[/quote]

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls