Border Force shambles – part 33

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

One tip an immigration officer told me about problems with a passport not being read by the scanner, could be due to the way you hold the passport in the scanner.

My passport was having problems in the scanners. Instead of holding the passport in the scanner along the front cover, I was advised to hold the passport pressing my middle finger along the crease and the next finger pressing against the middle of the front cover. This apparently better places the passport in the correct position in the scanner.

The other tip I was given and I am 100% sure it was from another poster (bit of a thread drift, apologies) is how to walk though the scanning machines at security. There was once a post that suggested you walk through purposefully, march through. I have done so ever since, never remove my metal belt or boots and the machine never picks it up. Walk though indecisively, my belt and boots always get bleeped.

Old wives tale or fact? It works for me…..

huey
    Participant

First rule of technology: if it doesn’t work right now, try again later. So annoying.

stevescoots
    Participant

funny that, mine often fails to read in the UK ones no matter where i push down, but always reads ok in the HK ones

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls