Bmibaby boss to take part in Twitter Q&A

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• Anonymous

As per the link below, the MD of Bmibaby will be taking part in a Q&A session on Twitter later today.

We’d be happy to raise questions on behalf of Business Traveller readers, so if you have any queries regarding the airline’s routes, service, future, etc, please post them here.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/your-chance-to-a-tweeta-bmibaby-boss

NTarrant
    Participant

Yes please… I am still awaiting a refund for one of my staff that was due to travel MAN-JER in December. We were promised a credit note but it didn’t arrive. When we wanted to re-book for flights in February it was impossible. The “you have to write in” is stupid, why could I not rebook.

I don’t want a credit note just my money back. I have written to this MD Julian Carr on 19th April and have had no reply or credit. I am now considering taking legal action against Bmibaby if I don’t get a refund.

The flight was cancelled due to the weather in Jersey, not our fault.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Sounds frustrating NTarrant.

though I wouldn’t imagine he will be able to answer individual queries. Best to keep it generic to ensure he can respond effectively.

NTarrant
    Participant

Yes you are right VK. But certainly the refund policy when things are outside of passengers control. Questions such as why can’t people talk to someone in customers services? Why does everything have to be done by mail with a stamp? Why so customer unfriendly?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Exactly – I think some web development might be a good idea.

But given the parlous state of bmi’s own website and IT support (=call India and get fobbed off) I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I don’t fly bmibaby and hope I never have to – I think they use old bmi 737s. Will they be investing in a modern, reliable and fuel efficient fleet in the near future? And what about longer haul destinations.

NTarrant
    Participant

I never have done and never will. I had purchased this flight for a member of staff as it was better timed than Flybe. In future he will travel BA via LGW, don’t know why I didn’t send him that way in the first place and get the Onbusiness points!

Thanks for the questions – I have tweeted them all, and will post any answers here.

NTarrant – I have also asked Julian to address your specific query detailed above – if he asks for your email address am I okay to pass it on?

Mark

NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks Mark

No problem, please do.

Nigel

First response re: fleet question:

“We are happy with the current aircraft as they suit our needs. Longer term we will review as the business grows.”

http://twitter.com/bmibaby_com

Re: longer haul destinations:

“long haul?: We offer a value service to european destinations, and short haul / europe will remain our focus.”

http://twitter.com/bmibaby_com

A few other tweets from Julian:

In response to query about possible routes from Luton – “The South East is unlikely to feature in the future – we have a strong presence in the Midlands.”

In response to query about when 2011 timetable will be released – “Summer 11 is being prepared now, and we should launch it soon. We are looking at new destinations – watch this space.”

And some more:

In response to a query about possible fare increases in the light of ash cloud disruption – “We’re focused on offering you low fares – the ash cloud won’t affect that! People are travelling again, baby!”

In response to a query as to whether more routes will be added to Manchester next summer – “We are looking at new routes from Manchester, but any details would be telling!”

And in response to possible connections to Heathrow for integration with Bmi mainline/Regional – “We’re always looking to work closer with bmi and offer more choices – closer ties are areas of evaluation currently.”

In response to a query about Social Responsibility focus areas – “Where do i start in 140 [characters]?! We’re committed to social responsibility, and work with a number of charity partners.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls