Best & worst airline websites

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• PerthWA
    Participant

Sparkyflyer it would be funny if it wasn’t real… My route is actually PER/LAX (doesn’t exist consult timetable) so… PER/MEL/LAX works on its own… But PER/MEL/LAX/IAD definitely doesn’t exist… Even though they are all QF code flights except lax/iAd which is AA but sold as QF. it gets sillier… JFK/DXB … New best friend emirates can take me there direct but not with a QF code, so I’m now routed JFK/LHR on BA flight and code then LHR/DXB again on BA I think this time on QF code but none if these routes exist… And finally… DXB/PER … Nope not valid. I assume – with apologies to my many Irish friends and ancestors – that this is Irish?! And yes, comical!

MarcusUK
    Participant

KLM.com
    They have developed their website over several years now, offering much more information than many others on your destination. You can even tailor make a guide of essentials selecting your city.

They took the time to interview 200 people 3 years ago, of which i was one, for at least an hour, and improved the website with ideas and feedback. This included “displaying cards with proposed features on or asking if you would use a facility they may put on, as well as open suggestions.

Pretty good for an Airline, and it is fast comprehensive, reliable, easy to navigate, sear h for the best fares, and full of information.

They have the odd competition, dressed up in a funny game well illustrated, usually very funny, and clever marketing.
    It is the most informative, responsive site, colourful and one you can spend a long time looking through. The best i have come across so far.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Best, of the ones I use a lot – SAS (the best by a mile, I reckon I can book a flight in no more than two minutes), Lufthansa, KLM

Worst – BA (far too fussy with too many pages and too many “buy this extra” pauses)

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I like the BA website which is easy to navigate, although like DavidGordon10 I have being pestered to spend more money.

CX’s website is also very easy to navigate and now – after recently being revamped – is wonderfully slick and looks great too, but oh dear God it’s slow…

The new parts of AA’s website also look slick but it is incredibly hard to find information, and particularly (this really irritates me) it is incredibly difficult to find information about the on-board facilities and the distinction between the domestic and international offerings

newbieflyer
    Participant

Of the ones that I have used in the recent past,

Best (from the major carriers) :
    Numero Uno: BA (perfect all round website)
    close second : EK (Almost as good as BA, but few niggly bits which I have found navigating through the website)
    third: Qantas,

Best (LCC) : Indigo (India), EasyJet, Norwegian, Spring Airlines (China), FlyDubai

pretty decent/middle of the road: Virgin, Cathay, Jet Airways

Worst: Any of the Chinese carriers, worst of the lot being China Southern.! (although I very much like Chinese airlines for their hard product, their websites are 20 years old, at least!), RyanAir (most frustrating, by a mile, although I have never flown with them, but had to book for a friend), Air France UK (on the other hand KLM is pretty good)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls