Best & worst airline websites

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

sparkyflier
    Participant

I have just tried to check a potential routing on Turkish Airlines for work to go from London to Istanbul and also Ankara. I found the website slow, clunky, did not give me flight options other than the 7 in the morning flight (for a trip months away) etc etc

This was surprising and disappointing, considering how much TK have been expanding recently, with many new planes etc.

Which got me to reflect on which airline websites I have found easy & informative and ones which are not.

So I ask you seasoned travellers out there what you have found, maybe list your top 3 and botton 3.

Criteria I suppose I use would be does it have the information you need, does it make it easy to find what you need, and is the attractive to look at while being quick & intuitive.

The best I have found, based on recent searches:

Delta, BA, Swiss

The worst based on recent searches

Turkish Airlines, TAM Brasil, Air Europa, perhaps also Brussels Airlines.

Look forward to your opinions & experiences!

JamesCoke
    Participant

Hi sparkyflyer and travellers,
    Websites are essential for any airline company to indroduce their services on line like flight’s time, type of flight and best destinations.
    I think http://www.united.com is the first and the best.
    http://www.delta.com the second
    and http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/homepage is the third
    there is a other so helpful websites that describes clearsly our needs.

RichHI1
    Participant

what bugs me is the performance of websites and apps for smartphones. BA and AA both have websites which work passbly on a PC yet on Iphone or Blacberry I get vastly reduced functionality and repeated failures.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Best: LH, LX and EK

The worst in a world all of its own: SQ.

Scorpiodragon
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more. Singapore Airlines current website is slow, difficult to navigate and definitely designed by some geeks who don’t understand or get what users want. The old website was fast efficient and much more interactive. Complaints to SIA about their website simple generates an automated mechanical reply about their upgrading/improving. Why fix something that’s not broken? Bring back the old website!
    Great sites : lufthansa, air Asia and virgin
    Some other pathetic website : Air China & Thai Airways

Scorpiodragon
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more. Singapore Airlines current website is slow, difficult to navigate and definitely designed by some geeks who don’t understand or get what users want. The old website was fast efficient and much more interactive. Complaints to SIA about their website simple generates an automated mechanical reply about their upgrading/improving. Why fix something that’s not broken? Bring back the old website!
    Great sites : lufthansa, air Asia and virgin
    Some other pathetic website : Air China & Thai Airways

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Qatar Airways, great airline, awful website. Iberia, good website, awful airline. BA, LX, A3, all good.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Virgins is very sexy!!! closely followed by Qantas. BA’s on looks a bit dated now 🙁 I actually like the look of singapore airlines site. Have never had a problem using any airlines website to my knowledge xxx

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

I like Wizzair’s website. Very straightforward, but does what it says on the tin. I use it a lot as I’m a constant flyer to/from Eastern Europe. What I don’t like, is that some airlines in the 21st century still do not have online booking facilities, eg Iran Air, Uzbekistan Airways.

capetonianm
    Participant

SAA’s is appalling, which is one of the reasons I mostly use their LCC subsidiary, FlyMango, for domestic travel in ZA.

On international flights with a connection, it will often only show you a very expensive combination of flights whereas lower priced options can be found if you know what you are looking for – the average user should not be expected to know, nor to have to do that.

easyJet’s site is good, clear, fast, and transparent. Other favourites are KLM and LX.

It’s a pity that some airlines don’t realise that their website is, to many people, their shop window.

Shearer
    Participant

Not their website, however easyJet’s iPhone/Android app is a lesson in how it should be done. A joy to use.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I just tried looking at the Alitalia website on behalf of a friend who is planning on travels to and around Brazil, and found it pretty poor. It did not tell me what I need to know, like where they actually fly, and it was very slow indeed, and it kept giving up on my search.

Which reminded me of the discussion I started last year. Some airlines have upped their game since then, some have not…

So which ones have you found really “deliver” and which ones really frustrate (and as a result you avoid altogther and simply choose other airlines). . .

PerthWA
    Participant

Qantas… Now that it doesn’t know who it belongs to… Impossible to get to London from Perth on Qantas without convoluted asia routing emirates but Qantas doesn’t recognize Perth Dubai as a valid route in its flight miles calculator… ! Just booked silly route PER/IAD/JFK/DXB/PER all on QF flight codes… None of which are ‘valid’ … Give me a break Qantas, you are now being very very annoying!!!

sparkyflier
    Participant

PerthWA that sounds like almost comical incompetence!

What is odd about the AZ website is that last time I looked at it, around January/February, I recall it seemed OK and easy to use, but it seems to have changed since then, and not for the better!

KLM’s website I have always found pretty decent and informative.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls