Best Oneword First Class lounge in LHR T3?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

…one would hope they were referencing a similarity before and not after Bruce’s untimely demise…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Rich i cant be bothered to go look, dad said the car is fine and stil drivable which is more important than cosmetic damage. I only drive an old ford KA so quite cheap. It was quite embarrasing when i got out of the car as the road was busy and i was still in my pygamas!!…lol I am savin up to get a mini cooper convertable then later a range rover sport with an Overfinch mod very WAG..lol 😉 xx

FlyingChinaman of course i know what i am doing and want.. I AM A WOMAN!! and in a mans world. Its very clear this place needs a womans touch and to get all you in line like i do work. Bruce Lee??? oh please lets se how he gets on in the new world of UFC, MMA and cage fighters and yes i watch these too!! x

Will by flying out of T3 next week to hong kong so will test the lounges then

Vintage Krug sweety are there any vouchers for duty free at the moment xxxxx

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

VK; Bruce Lee in his prime of course – Enter the Dragon!!!!!!!!

BeckyBoop: since you are going to HK next week, drop by the Bruce Lee Museum and see the constant stream of YOUNG visitors there for a photo session!!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Dear BeckyBoop, I do enjoy your posts.

In between running BA, BALPA, the World Bank and International Rescue I also try not to miss my daily dose of High Culture in the form of the Jeremy Kyle Show.

See if you can get the TV option on your Mini Convertible! You’d never need to miss an episode!

You’ll need an Amex to use this one:

http://wdfonline.com/WDFVouchers2011/5Q1-A4W/printjuly.aspx

Don’t forget your BAA Worldpoints card as well!

CXDiamond
    Participant

CX F lounge is fine, BA lounges are OK too but I don’t much like the AA one. Food in both CX and BA is a good offering, which you prefer probably depends more on your tastes, for me CX has the edge. I really don’t think there’s much to choose between them.

BusinessClass
    Participant

RichHI1 – given your preference of the AA lounge over BA and CX, I can quite understand you wanting to spend as little time in there as possible!

RichHI1
    Participant

BusinessClass, I would prefer AA over BA any day but AA vs CX is a tighter schedule. Maybe I am alone in finding the BA lounges claustrophobic (though do like terrace at T5 BA lounge.
    I am glad you undrstand my viewpoint, I am strugglign to understand why anyone would willingly want to waste time in any airline lounge by choice however. As previously posted if I have layovers I leave the airport and do soemthing else.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Rich, well said totally agree about wasting life in an airport lounge xxx

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Rich, even though I ‘claim’ to be semi retired (its not quite that true at the moment) an airport lounge serves its purpose in that I can work, eat and drink as well as use a relatively safe internet connection. It also provides an environment to conduct meetings if clients or collegues are passing through the same airport at the same time.

I am sure that leisure travellers will have an equally strong argument for using an airport lounge.

BeckyBoop, there are plenty of shops at moat airports. Personally, I couldnt care less if they were all closed down. People that buy goods have to carry them onto aircraft………………..!

RichHI1
    Participant

Martyn I guess it depends where you are. If you are in an unfamiliar part of the world where personal security is an issue I could see some something in your arguments but even in Mexico City and Sao Paulo I try to get to the airport as late as possible. I tend to do most of things you discuss in the hotel or the office where security and quality is usually much higher.
    I am beginning to believe this lounge philosophy is a British cultural issue as it does seem a completely different perspective to some other countries. Then again the British are the few who pay any attention to check in times…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

S America is not my patch so I cant comment.

About security though, you are probably right. People tend to pay far more attention to sub machine guns, pistols and military personel, rather than chatter boxes playing with mobile phones and on short term contracts.

Perhaps security at Heathrow should be contracted to S America people, skilled in the use of guns etc!!!!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn, im girl so i live to shop!!! i would in “most cases” rather pay for a cheaper ticket and loose access to the lounge. Perhaps airlines like BA could introduce this as an optional charge. It would be intresting to find out what proportion of a ticket cost goes to funding a lounge as it cant be that cheap with all the food, drink and all the valuable space it takes up?
    xx

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Stick with Ryan, Easy and economy tickets. Off theme a little, but I dont need the gourmet food or free alcohol, but it doesnt mean I have a hope in hell of getting a discount and nor would I expect it.

There are some nice shopping centres in Hounslow for you to shop on the way to Heathrow!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn, we both have different needs. I always fly economy and on easyjet, ryan air, monarch, thompsons etc when on my hols but usually always BC sometimes FC and have been fortunate to be treated to fly a couple of times by helicopter and once by private jet! So please dont make me out to be a chav just because i dont share your views or come from a high social standing! Not sure what your dig at hownslow was for but fyi hounslow even southall are great places lots of people who work at lhr live there and there are some great places to eat if you like a good curry!
    x

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think you missread my posting.

1. I agreed with you about paying for what you use. I just dont believe for one minute it will happen.

2. “chav”, Not sure where you got that from, but I certainly dont consider you anything other than a business person with extremely humorous writing skills (and please do not take that as patronising). Like most other posters, I enjoy reading your contributions

3. Hounslow was just used as an example of a good multi cutural shopping area, without having the added fixed overhead of Heathrow.

No digs, no insults what so ever intended, sorry you interpreted that way.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls