Best night ever sleeping on a plane?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

Earlier this year, after a very busy couple of days in Philadelphia, I was on the United flight for LHR leaving IAD at 23.10.

I was sat in the rather bad UA business class seat, bolt upright for take-off, and was asleep as we went down the runway before we rotated. I woke up as we were on the last round of the holding pattern before landing. The flight attendant said she had never seen someone so deep asleep sat like that, and they had debated whether to try and recline the seat … but decided not.

It was a deep sleep but not the best night ever.

SwissExPat
    Participant

SYD to DXB in Emirates F.

Boarded at maybe 2130hrs and then had a nice meal service plus a night cap. I slept a solid 8 hours in the private cabin. I awoke 100 minutes out of DXB, had a shower and a decent breakfast before landing. It was a great experience and product.

traveldoc1
    Participant

I was, admittedly, fairly tired but BNE-SIN on EK in F. (Also interesting as I’d bought an Economy ticket and upgraded with miles, then got further upgrade). Got on, told flight attendants I wanted nothing to eat or drink, and was asleep straight after takeoff until 30 minutes out of SIN.

TominScotland
    Participant

Just flew LHR – HKG in PE with BA, front row in bulkhead seat with free seat next to me so moved into the window seat. Decent dinner, a bit of work and then 8 hours straight sleep, woke as the lights came on. Perfect flight – upstairs in the 380 IS quiet. Pity about the somewhat surly service. No status recognition either although that is no big deal.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Usually it’s the Asia to London flights and vv that I get plenty of sleep on (when flying in J). In economy it’s totally hit and miss.

That said, most of my long haul flights are for pleasure and therefore in economy or premium economy unless upgraded. Therefore, on those rare occasions where I am in Business I tend to want to enjoy it by lapping up the food and wine and general experience, shunning sleep unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone else do the same?

ViajeroUK
    Participant

KLM revamped 744 seat 1A, an individual seat, no one passes by that seat so no disturbance at all, very serene and comfortable. Enjoyed that seat several times and never been disappointed. KLm crew invariably good as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls