Best inflight meal?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Most memorable meal?

Bangkok – Singapore leg of a late 1980s Aeroflot marathon from (LHR) Moscow – Singapore – the flight attendant came through the cabin with a large plastic bag of bananas…… and good they were, too!

canucklad
    Participant

After rereading the comments above, Martyn’s made me realize I hadn’t answered the original question…….Bumping into a good friend in my local last night and reminiscing good times I can now devinativly state for the record my most memorable meal……

In economy, plated on crockery, with proper cutlery, delivered in restaurant style, course by course , I’ll repeat again…. in economy… my most memorable meal award goes to ….my lunch.on

Wardair-September 1988 PIK-YYZ

Not least because my aforementioned mate , HUNGRILY believing the salad dish was it ,Tourettely expleted to us …is that it? ….A hour and a half later he was purring like a lion over a wildebeest. ……

CXDiamond
    Participant

It has to be the Christmas goose on Lufthansa, it’s just so good and so well presented. There’s just something about it that turns the F cabin into Christmas Lunch in a very exclusive restaurant which everyone seems to enjoy and it usually gets quite sociable. I’ve met a few useful people over the years because of Christmas goose!

JohnHarper
    Participant

I’ll also vote for the LH Christmas Goose – and the great atmosphere that seems to accompany it.

esselle
    Participant

A few weeks ago, I flew BKK-HKG on EK, and was the only pax in F.

It was around lunchtime, and I had a slow afternoon ahead of me, so I really blew out on Caviar and DP, rounding off with a largish Paradis and a double espresso.

Very enjoyable.

Charles-P
    Participant

I must agree with others here, Christmas goose on Lufthansa. I too am aware of people who have listed it as their reason to fly LH at that time of year.

canucklad
    Participant

Well, all this goosey goosey gander talk has got me thinking…… and seeking your valued advice and opinions.
    I’m still trying to find a relatively cheap way of getting from EDI back to YVR for a family event in December.

I actually typed in the 25th for my return flight and the price dropped by a couple of hindered pounds. I’m not sure I’d like flying on Christmas Day?
    For those of you who have ,please share your thoughts?

Charles-P
    Participant

I have twice flown on Christmas day and in neither case it was planned. The first time was a delayed South African Airways flight from Jan Smuts to Heathrow, party type atmosphere all the way on a half full 747. Almost worth missing Christmas day with family.

Second was an Air France from New York to Paris, lots of unhappy crew and passengers (we had been delayed for nearly 40 hours ) not so much a party as funeral atmosphere for that one.

Ekond222
    Participant

Best meal – Roast Pheasant followed by Grand Marnier Ice Cream.for desert…British Airways VC10…First Class

HaggisCH
    Participant

Never actually flown on Christmas Day, but have flown LH F on 24th Dec from FRA to SFO a few years ago. And, yes the goose dinner and atmosphere was great! As the 24th Dec is celebrated in Germany, i can imagine it would also be a similar experiance on Christmas Day. If you don’t have family to be with, or they will be travelling with you i would consider flying on Christmas Day.

julmops
    Participant

I’ve flown with just over 30 airlines in my 30 years of flying …
    Most of my flights as a kid, a teenager and a young adult were in Economy. Then came the odd business trip in Business… I still travel mostly in Economy for my own travelling but working hard to get more often in Business … First staying pretty much where it is, in my dreams !
    In terms of food, I’ve had all sorts but a few good and bad memories …

Business / Emirates-Dubai and Bangalore in 2007 – my very first flight in Business. Great food on both legs, that veal dish is still very much in my mind
    Business / Swiss Zurich-Delhi, one of the greatest meals I’ve ever had from start to finish … Absolutely superb and service on par with the food
    Economy / Thai London-Bangkok – best food I’ve ever had in Y, Thai Green Curry was simply amazing

Worst memories tend to all get back to the same meal … Breakfast !
    I still have to be presented with a decent breakfast on a long-haul flight … Swiss managed to get me the worst and best breakfast on the same day. Delhi-Zurich breakfast was revolting when Zurich-London was just superb …

canucklad

A few years ago I departed LHR late on Christmas Eve and spent most of the 25th en route to Singapore. I would recommend it 😉

And I have always wanted to see in the New Year on a plane!!

skywards
    Participant

EVA Air. LHR to BKK. Taiwanese Congee, pickled cucumber, dried pork julienne, chicken roll with chilli garlic sauce, Japanese bean curd and scallops with pan fried egg and radish. Wonderful.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi alexpo,
    Don’t know if you read my”most memorable flight” post but I’ve done the New Year flight in spectacular fashion….Alas I was too young to fully appreciate the finer points of celebrating Hogmany at 30.000 ft above the South Pacific……

I also recall telling myself ” I’ll never behave as silly as that” ….lol .

superchris
    Participant

I also have great memories of a LHR BKK TG Y class thai green curry!

Ive flown Christmas day on LH but unfortunately in C so no goose as I recall.

Arik Air do a particularly nice and spice fish curry in Y en route to Lagos.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls